Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Manager Fires Back: Andre Ward Held 88 Times!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward is top dog and he's on the p4p list for a reason he's good at fighting any fight his way and opponents that are frustrated with it complain like kesslers manager...holding is a part of boxing jackass, its boring but fair. Doesn't matter if he's holding or not kessler nor froch can touch him.

Comment

Originally posted by omyblaze57 View Post
      Why should Andre go away from Oakland? Nobody has earned the right for fighting him away from his backyard. It's like telling Mayweather to fight anyone away from Las Vegas. You have to earn it! And regarding the clinches and headbutts, as long as the ref doesn't give you any warning, keep doing it if it's working for you. Everybody knows he does it on purpose, because that's his style and who are we to tell otherwise? Ward won't lose to any 168 challengers for at least 3 more years. He's at the top of his game right now...
      How can u say that??? That's like saying what Mares did to Agbeko was ok just because the dumb ref didn't do anything about it. That's not fair. Also, he can't always fight in Oakland. Yeah, he's the man at 168. Anyone with a brain knows that but he should be willing to fight in another guys home turf since he's that much better then everyone else. Is he afraind he might get a raw deal??? Well, I don't blame him there but Kessler went over to his town and fought him. P.S. He's not Floyd Mayweather yet so don't be like Floyd doesn't do it so he shouldn't either. Maybe if Andre keeps dominating for another 3-4 yrs without a lost, then he can be mentioned with $$$.

Comment

88, interesting choice.

Comment

Kessler wins in a rematch. If there is anyone Ward should fight again at Super Middle it is Kessler. And Kessler will win the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            88, interesting choice.
            It's the party line they march too.

Kessler's manager, Kessler himself, and his couple of fans on Bscene are all on the same page with their excuses. Right down to the very last detail.

They've managed to rationalize in their deranged minds, a complete turnaround of one the most one sided ass kickings every put on a favored fighter. It's a pretty amazing testament to the power of denial.

Comment

I think it's funny how they keep referring to ward not wanting to leave his backyard while kessler has done the same for the majority of his career...it's even funnier how they say he should come to denmark instead of mentioning a neutral location= definition of hypocrisy

as for the holding and headbutts...ward hasn't really even fought that way since the abraham fight...

why make excuses almost 4 years after they fought?

Comment

Ward owned Froch in Atlantic City which is closer to Nottingham than Oakland. He beat the crap out of AA in LA and says he wants top fight in Vegas. He's fine fighting in the States, just doesn;t see the need to fight in their backyard. If those fights were close you could make the case for a rematch in Nottingham or Copenhagen but they weren't. Their skills be primitive compared to Dre's.

Comment

Originally posted by omyblaze57 View Post
                  Why should Andre go away from Oakland? Nobody has earned the right for fighting him away from his backyard.
                  When Kessler was Champion, did Ward 'earn the right' to fight him in his own backyard?

It's like telling Mayweather to fight anyone away from Las Vegas. You have to earn it!
                  Mayweather refused to fight Hatton in the UK when he was the man at 140. In fact, he even cried about having to go the whole way to Atlantic City to fight Gatti.

Meanwhile you have champions like Pacquiao, Martinez, Matthysse, Marquez etc who are willing to fight all over the world with no b/s about 'earning it'.

I'm a Ward fan but he should travel, he has the rep for a reason. In saying that, I think he will fight in Europe sooner or later. Unlike a lot of fighters I do think he has principles.

Comment

Ward taxed dat ass.. *******!:boobies:

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      When Kessler was Champion, did Ward 'earn the right' to fight him in his own backyard?

Mayweather refused to fight Hatton in the UK when he was the man at 140. In fact, he even cried about having to go the whole way to Atlantic City to fight Gatti.

Meanwhile you have champions like Pacquiao, Martinez, Matthysse, Marquez etc who are willing to fight all over the world with no b/s about 'earning it'.

I'm a Ward fan but he should travel, he has the rep for a reason. In saying that, I think he will fight in Europe sooner or later. Unlike a lot of fighters I do think he has principles.
                      Good post. There's great money in fighting Bute in Canada, and Ward/Froch just about anywhere in Europe. More money than he'd get for fighting any of them in the US. I think he should put the critics to rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X