No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hucks Survives a Tough Challenge To Decision Arslan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    As someone who enjoys watching Huck fight, I had Arslan winning pretty convincingly, 116-112. I honestly don't even see how it's debatable to be honest. Arslan did all of the consistent, clean and effective work round after round. And most of Huck's punches were being blocked/smothered. Meanwhile, Arslan was the one effectively pressing the fight, cutting off the ring, and landing great punches to the head and body, especially the left uppercut.
    Gonna have to disagree with you. I saw many hooks that Arslan try were actually blocked. The Boxnation had the cameras which had Arslans back in front of Huck's forward a lot of the time, and so many of the blocks from Huck were hard to see. The only effective punch Arslan had was his uppercuts, and to his credit was very effective. However, the shots Huck landed were very hard, his body shots were superb, and his blocking (albeit not very noticed for some reason) was pretty effective too. It was very close because of Arslans movements, but I had it 115-113 to Huck, as did two of the judges. Huck's flurrys of jabs and harsh right crosses won him a few rounds. You can see now why its debatable, bit of a misinformed statement there.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
      Another glorious performance from Cap'n Huck. How long can the Klitschkos keep ducking him?
      lol - brilliant!

Comment

Missed the fight, will check it out tomorrow. Not really surprised though, Huck is a tough bum.

Not surprised by the judges handing him the W either.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Gonna have to disagree with you. I saw many hooks that Arslan try were actually blocked. The Boxnation had the cameras which had Arslans back in front of Huck's forward a lot of the time, and so many of the blocks from Huck were hard to see. The only effective punch Arslan had was his uppercuts, and to his credit was very effective. However, the shots Huck landed were very hard, his body shots were superb, and his blocking (albeit not very noticed for some reason) was pretty effective too. It was very close because of Arslans movements, but I had it 115-113 to Huck, as did two of the judges. Huck's flurrys of jabs and harsh right crosses won him a few rounds. You can see now why its debatable, bit of a misinformed statement there.
          Arslan had a much better connect percentage than Huck, and Hook left most of his shots on Arslan's arms and gloves.

I just can't see Huck winning by any means, it was a clear victory for Arslan.

Comment

Guess we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I just really didn't see what you saw unfortunately, my friend.

BTW, what's up with the avatar? Do you not like Andre Ward? Lol.

Comment

one of the biggest robberies of the past few years and dude on previous page seen huck winning this lmao

Comment

sorry but which of the first six rounds did you score for huck, and why? of the last 4 rounds, I had three for huck and one that was too close to call (possibly a huck round), but up that point I had arslan winning every round, in particular 1-6.

Comment

Close but still a clear victory for Huck I thought. Could make an argument for either guy in the first half of the fight, but Huck looked to be doing the better work in the late rounds. Great effort by Arslan, tough as nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
                    sorry but which of the first six rounds did you score for huck, and why? of the last 4 rounds, I had three for huck and one that was too close to call (possibly a huck round), but up that point I had arslan winning every round, in particular 1-6.
                    Arslan clearly won the first half of the fight for sure, the last 6 rounds were more hard to score but considering that Arslan won at least 4 of the first 6 I would say that even 115-113 for Huck is unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                      As someone who enjoys watching Huck fight, I had Arslan winning pretty convincingly, 116-112. I honestly don't even see how it's debatable to be honest. Arslan did all of the consistent, clean and effective work round after round. And most of Huck's punches were being blocked/smothered. Meanwhile, Arslan was the one effectively pressing the fight, cutting off the ring, and landing great punches to the head and body, especially the left uppercut.
                      Agreed 100%. I like Huck as well but he was outclassed. Box nation can't score. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X