No announcement yet.

heavyweigths who punched the hardest to the body from liston to now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From liston till now. Frazier and Tyson were devistating body punchers
    Aaron Pryor is one of the missing links here, he was so good he didnt often get a chance to prove himself he frightened other fighters and who was that boring champ who overwhelmed most everyone he fought o yeah Larry Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
      For one punch power I would say George Foreman.

All around best bodypunching and inside fighting ability goes to both Louis and Dempsey.
      I'm with you on this one.

Comment

Holyfield was a good body puncher. He had a nice left to the body to set up his shots to the head.

Comment

Smokin Joe Frazier and Rocky Marciano are the best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbl_Kint
            Smokin Joe Frazier and Rocky Marciano are the best for me.
            Yeah me too especially marciano he went to the arms and shoulders too.

He hit every thing there was to hit and broke bones that way.

Comment

But, from Liston to now, I have to go with Foreman, Lyle and Shavers. Bonavena gets a nod too.

Comment

undefinedundefinedundefined I would have to say from time to time Tommy Morrison left hook to the body was up there just as a honorable mention.

Comment

Frazier And Tyson

Comment

i saw cooney do some serious body shots. i think with his right hand. correct me if im wrong

Comment

Foreman, Tyson and Frazier

I haven't seen enough Jack Dempsey to make a comparison, but among the heavyweights I've seen, Foreman, Frazier and Tyson were the best body punchers. Frazier and Tyson depended on it more than Foreman, but Foreman's thudding body blows could take the wind out of a guy. A body shot by Foreman against Norton was the beginning of the end of Ken in that fight. Supposedly, Foreman's body shots did some damage to Ali's kidneys in their fight.

Early in Tyson's career, he was a far better body puncher than he was later on. He could break a man down with his hooks to the body. A good example was his fight against Michael Spinks, where 1 heavy body shot essentially ended the fight.

Frazier knocked out Jerry Quarry with 1 body shot in their 2nd fight. He went to the body a lot against Ali too, but Ali could take body shots like no other.

Comment

Working...
                      X