Collapse
No announcement yet.

is GGG's height really 5'10 1/2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been quite close to him in real life and i'm around 6'1 or 6'2. He was definitely around 5'9.5" or 5'10". I've also been next to Amir Khan who seemed quite small next to me, around 5'8. Golovkin is definitely a bit taller than Khan.

I'd say 5'10 is about accurate, give or take half an inch. I'd have said he's closer to 5'9 than 5'11 though.

Comment

The other guys are billing themselves tall and GGG is probably billing his actual height.

It's funny because I've been shocked at how enormous some highschool/college sports teams were but when I've encountered pro athletes a lot of them are skilled, average sized guys who lie about their height/weight to seem magical.

Never seen a 6'5" man move like that!! -- catch being they aren't really 6'5".

Was probably even worse back in the day. Some of the classic fighters look downright puny nowadays and it's very difficult to believe their billed stats.
      Last edited by ////; 12-10-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        The other guys are billing themselves tall and GGG is probably billing his actual height.

It's funny because I've been shocked at how enormous some highschool/college sports teams were but when I've encountered pro athletes a lot of them are skilled, average sized guys who lie about their height/weight to seem magical.

Never seen a 6'5" man move like that!! -- catch being they aren't really 6'5".

Was probably even worse back in the day. Some of the classic fighters look downright puny nowadays and it's very difficult to believe their billed stats.
        they dont really "bill" themselves. But what big guys are you talking about exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          I just told you. I stood right next to ggg and I'm 5 9. He was 2 inches taller than me.
          So we're supposed to base it on some guy name satiev1's word on a boxing forum? How did you measure the 2", were you both bare foot?
          Last edited by VoodooChild; 12-11-2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            they dont really "bill" themselves. But what big guys are you talking about exactly?

Not necessarily a big guy but Tommy Morrison was over billed as much as two inches. He was usually billed as 6 ' 2. I met him in the mid 90's. He may not have been 6 foot. I was visibly taller than him at 6'3. I figure most of them are especially heavy weights. I met Tyrell Biggs a few years earlier and he didnt really seem like he was taller than me, if he was it was minimal. Ive even heard of some basketball players under billing their height. I was listening to espn radio one day and they were talking about Kevin Durant really being a 7 footer rather than 6'9. I dont remember the reason they gave for him doing it, I was barely paying attention as Im not much of a basketball fan. It would be hard to get a stat on height you could believe unless you did the measurements yourself.

Comment

I've been saying this for years on YouTube and everyone thinks I am crazy.. He's always hunched over and clearly looks taller than geale and lemieux as well

Comment

Working...
              X