Comments Thread For: Pavlik: I Would Rather Have Fought Froch Than Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
    Would have KOd Frochs ass.
    Froch has an iron chin. No one is knocking him out. Especially Pavlik.

You're usually a pretty decent poster, but this is one of worst posts I've seen anyone make. Anybody with a brain and knowledge of boxing would never pick Froch to be knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      He's right Jermaine never knew when to clitch. He won every damn round of that froch fight smdh. Taylor is one of the worst ppl Cuz he was so great but wasn't smart at all in the ring. No defense at all.
      Taylor won every round did he? You capabilities to score a fight are as worthless as the corrupt judges that score fights in favour of Americans against over-seas fighters on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Only Americans think Taylor was ahead in the fight going into the final round. I, like many British press at ringside, had Froch a point or 2 up. So it's a good job Froch got him out of there before he became another casualty of American corruption and incompetence.

A fight would have been close in the first half of the fight with Pavlik but Froch would have taken over in the second half. Froch with his constant pressure would wear down Pavlik for the late stoppage. The heat would have proven too much for him. Froch is just better in every way. Far more proven and much much tougher. Froch is a legit HOF with a great resume, Pavlik will never come close to entering.
        lol the british press? loved froch because he was tough and could finish fighters even when he was being outboxed (taylor, groves). no need for false praise.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Pavlik was a possible opponent for Calzaghe but Calzaghe didn't fight him.
          The Jones fight offered more money so he went there instead. After Calzaghe's divorce, he wanted to put as much money as he could in his retirement fund.

Plus, the fight would have been at Lightheavy so no one would have given Calzaghe a shred of credit for the win the way they did with Hopkins. They also would have claimed Calzaghe ducked Jones. So it was a no win situation.

Comment

Originally posted by teamindividual View Post
            lol the british press? loved froch because he was tough and could finish fighters even when he was being outboxed (taylor, groves). no need for false praise.
            The British press did have Froch up going into the final round. So I have no idea what you mean by "false praise".

For the record, I had Froch 1 point up going into the 12th round. Had Taylor survived but got dropped twice, that would have been a 10/7 round making Froch a pretty clear winner. Taylor getting the decision would have been yet another robbery from America.

Comment

The Jones fight offered more money so he went there instead. After Calzaghe's divorce, he wanted to put as much money as he could in his retirement fund.

Plus, the fight would have been at Lightheavy so no one would have given Calzaghe a shred of credit for the win the way they did with Hopkins. They also would have claimed Calzaghe ducked Jones. So it was a no win situation.
              who would have said that and been taken seriously? he's ducking an unranked guy who hasnt had a good win in 5 years!
              Last edited by daggum; 06-18-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                who would have said that and been taken seriously?
                joe calzaghe for starters

word of mouth quote - "I'm not chasing roy jones"

(with a grin as he shyts on all his fans for the next decade who deny he ducked jones).

Comment

Taylor won every round did he? You capabilities to score a fight are as worthless as the corrupt judges that score fights in favour of Americans against over-seas fighters on a regular basis.
                  It went right over your head. I was being dramatic. That fight was not close 7-5 min Taylor . I more detailing the lack defense Taylor had later in his career.

Comment

pav not lik froch

Comment

“[At middleweight, there’s] Jermall Charlo as well. It is [a strong division] but it’s still not as competitive as light-heavyweight or welterweight."
                      I have to disagree with Pavlik there. I think Middleweight most definitely is a better division than Light Heavyweight. Welterweight, however, has arguably three guys that could have been on the P4P list, but even then the only reason I would have welterweight as a better division is because they have a top dog like Crawford in it now.

Welterweight:

Errol Spence Jr., Keith Thurman, Crawford

Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter a tier below

Formerly, Kell Brook.

Light Heavyweight:

Kovalev, Stevenson, Badou, Bivol, Gzovdyk

Beterbiev is still an unknown and we may never know if he can hang and bang with the top dogs. Marcus Browne had a robbery win over Kaladjzic, so I don't rate him very highly.

Formerly, Andre Ward.

Middleweight:

Golovkin, Canelo, Jermall Charlo, Danny Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders

Comment

Working...
                      X