No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr would have destroyed Canelo @ 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    He's not "to small" he doesn't possess the skills that a shorter fighter with less reach would need to be successful.
    Qwawi (Dwight Braxton) would have fun in today's market.

Having a size advantage means being able to use the attributes for success there's plenty of tall guys who fight small.
    The lack of trainers who know how to teach "inside" techniques has been a problem for short men for close to 30 years now.
    Marciano, Frazier, Tyson were taught how to use their attributes in a positive way, the size of the fight in the dog always wins over the size of the dog.

Ray
    Yes, but if the dog in the size of the fight outclasses the size in the dog of the fighter's dog (Fighter A), then how would the size differential make up for the lack of dog in the fighter who challeneges up in size(Fighter B) to the other dog of the other fighter? It just doesn't work out at all, what you are saying I mean.

Comment

"And David Benavidez would murder Little Floyd"..................

I doubt that very much, not a Floyd fan but the differences in their skill set is dramatic! If Crawford pressed him he would have taken him out by the 6th. Floyd in top shape boxes circles around him.

Ray

"Dontae She'marc" don't worry about my comment it's beyond your scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
        Qawi was a one off though, with a surprisingly decent reach. Apart from Griffin, i cant think of another lightheavy champ that short.
        chickenson is really short for a light heavyweight.

Comment

I think Usyk vs Canelo is the fight to make at 200 lbs.

Comment

I doubt that very much, not a Floyd fan but the differences in their skill set is dramatic! If Crawford pressed him he would have taken him out by the 6th. Floyd in top shape boxes circles around him.

Ray

David is the much bigger one, not the one Crawford fought.

Comment

Jones would have toyed with canelo...to quick and to much movement.

Comment

Ray

Wow talking about murder in boxing place? Not cool man, not cool. Mods really need to do something here.

Comment

A Prime Roy Jones is probably the best Middleweight ever and at 175 Top 3 in history the guy was just super fast . Tarver had to use steroids to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    No way in hell Jones would K.O Nelo.

And no way would be an easy fight to Jones.
                    A prime 168-175 badly punishes canelo. Canelo has a shot against the washed up Jones who'd been ko'd a handful of times...that's about it.

Comment

If RJJ is on the juice then probably. Everyone hypes him up but he "unintentionally" used PEDs and then was involved with BALCO. RJJ was so dirty it makes toilet bowls look clean

Comment

Working...
                      X