Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia vs Berto-Ortiz winner; a good fight worth making or is it....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia vs Berto-Ortiz winner; a good fight worth making or is it....

Or is it a better suited for a guy like Errol Spence Jr, say after he beats a Peterson type of opponent?

Honestly, I'd rather see Garcia fight the winner of Porter-Spence if he can't land a Pacquiao or Mayweather type fight. I have Garcia up there in the upper echelon of active welterweights but these continuous "tune-up" type of fights against tough gatekeepers are starting to annoy me. With Garcia's resume he could have easily been top 3 P4P if he had continued his streak of beating top fighters and all the momentum would be on his side.
    It's a good, solid fight for Garcia
    5.00%
    It's not a good fight for Garica
    95.00%

Danny was on top after the Matthysse fight, but they lost confidence in him after the Herrera fight, and then again after Peterson. So that 0 has to be protected now, which is a shame. I expect the fight against Berto, which sucks because no one on earth wants to see it.

Comment

I don't think so.

Garcia needs to fight the Thurman-Porter winner.

Comment

OMG, no. Danny is having a hard enough time with his rep. This would just draw too much criticism.
        Berto/Ortiz will bring a lot of fans and is a fun, but ultimately meaningless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          OMG, no. Danny is having a hard enough time with his rep. This would just draw too much criticism.
          Berto/Ortiz will bring a lot of fans and is a fun, but ultimately meaningless fight.
          Ain't that the truth. It'd be a solid fight for Spence though.

Comment

Nah this would be a wack matchup. I'd like to see Garcia in there with a top WW.

Not particularly excited to see Spence fight them either. Peterson is a great fight for Spence right now.

Comment

Nah. Garcia is proven. Its time to take down the top guys. No more gatekeepers. Next fight has to be a Thurman or Porter.

Like the others said, Berto/Ortiz is perfect for a guy like Errol Spence.

Comment

Garcia vs. Berto would be meaningless. Garcia vs. Ortiz would probably be fun at least. Garcia would eventually crack the mental midget with a G.A.R.S.H. though.

Comment

Garcia should fight Brook really, both need an opponent soon and both could probably do with a high profile fight again. Also if he dares go to England for that fight, he'll make a fortune. Porter v Thurman are tied up until end of June anyway and they're looking to make a big fight for Brook towards the end of July. Why not get a Garcia v Brook unification fight and then let the winner of Porter v Thurman fight the winner of that later in the year?

I don't think they will let Garcia fight Brook though. I fully expect he does fight the winner of Ortiz v Berto which would be a joke. Either that or he's waiting it out on a decision to see if Floyd comes back for one last fight, because Garcia is going to be the opponent i think.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-28-2016, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Garcia vs Thurman Porter winner or Brook is what I would prefer.

Comment

Working...
                    X