Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be honest, do you judge a fighter on his appearance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be honest, do you judge a fighter on his appearance?

An awful lot of people do this and I'll give you an example: Tyson Fury, he doesn't look like an athlete but is amazingly quick on his feet and is very underrated in the boxig skills department. Bodies don't win fights and people should stop paying so much attention to them. Being a nutritionist did f all for Algieri vs Pacquiao, if you want to look ar nice bodies; go read men's magazines!

I only root for handsome master boxers. And if Algieri wasn't well conditioned he wouldn't have gotten up from that left in the 9th, that **** was on point.

There are unique cases like Fury, but he also has physical attributes that he uses well. I think you have to account for a fighter's appearance, but it, of course, shouldn't be the single factor in your predictions. Every situation has its own rules...If after so many fights Floyd is in shape and then he shows up looking as soft as Maidana...I'm picking Maidana. When two fighters are on the same level and after undecided deliberation...yes judge a fighter on his appearance, his training camp rumors, facial appearance, look for nervous gestures or premeditated actions, etc.

Comment

Yeah the first time I saw Tim Bradley I thought he was a knockout puncher just by looking at his physique. boy was I wrong lol

Comment

Sometimes. But any time I see Chris Arreola or Andy Ruiz in the ring, I always pick their opponent because they are in better shape than those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrat View Post
          Yeah the first time I saw Tim Bradley I thought he was a knockout puncher just by looking at his physique. boy was I wrong lol
          hardcore roid muscles. He was a bit shameless about it.

Comment

Not really because it's not always an indication. Maidana was at his physical peak when he fought Broner, yet it was Broner with the 6 pack chiseled abs. Maidana looked flabby. It just shows better on some fighters.

Comment

I see no reason to judge a fighter by his appearance if I can see him fight. If I had never seen a boxer fight then I would have no choice but to judge him by his appearance combined with his record but I would know it didn't mean much and looks can be deceiving. Monroe looks stronger than GGG but I have seen them both fight and firmly believe GGG will easily beat him.

Comment

No, I don't BUT when it comes to rooting for someone. I dislike fat athletes....Andy Ruiz is very skilled but he's such a fatass that everytime I see him in the ring I want to see his opponent knock him the F-uck out.

Comment

Working...
                X