Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Jay Z's quality of music fell off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Hip Hop is what it was in the 90's or even the early 00's, but there's still lots of dope artists. And it's way way way better than it was in the mid and late 00's right now.

Comment

It was never 'on'.

Comment

this guy doesnt even rhyme half the time and his marriage to beyonce and the super couple coronation of them by the jewish manipulated media sickens me.

btw, picasso baby was utterly cringe worthy. i had to change the channel due to the cringe worthy lameness that jay z tried to push in my face.

Comment

90's was the best.

You had the Roots, Pharcyde, Tribe, prime Outkast, Wu.

You can't lead somebody to a music genre, and tell them to like it. Doesn't work like that.

With that being said, I'm going to leave it with the dulcet tones of ODB.

Painting the Sisteen Chapels (you read that correctly) with a 40 of King Cobra, a box cutter, change for the bus, and a welfare cheese sammich.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            In my opinion the present Jay Z is a shadow of the artist he used to be. I miss the Can I Get A, Hard Knock Life, Give it to Me, Izzo, Jay. Now he's busy starring on songs like Drunk n Love. What has happened to Jay and music in general?
            Those songs aren't that good and Jay-Z's albums have never been that good. There's never been an album of his that I thought "I have to buy it" or an great track that I'd want to replay.

Not sure what it was that sent him to the top, consistency and longevity maybe. Being Mr. Beyonce Knowles probably didn't hurt either.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 08-06-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Jay Z has always been an overrated B grade rapper, he's like the Mayweather of rap, he's revered by the black community because he's seen as a positive role model because of his business acumen and wealth, not for his talent in rap.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Those songs aren't that good and Jay-Z's albums have never been that good. There's never been an album of his that I thought "I have to buy it" or an great track that I'd want to replay.

Not sure what it was that sent him to the top, consistency and longevity maybe. Being Mr. Beyonce Knowles probably didn't hurt either.
                are you serious? jay z was on top loooooooong before he ever met beyonce. more importantly you think jay z's albums have never been that good? really? you never heard a great jay z track that you wanted to replay?

do you even listen to hiphop then? because i dont see how a hiphop fan can not like jay z or at least appreciate him. jay arguably made more great albums than any other rapper including whats arguably the best hiphop record ever in reasonable doubt.

reasonable doubt is sheer brilliance. listen through it and tell me jay z isnt great.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  are you serious? jay z was on top loooooooong before he ever met beyonce. more importantly you think jay z's albums have never been that good? really? you never heard a great jay z track that you wanted to replay?

do you even listen to hiphop then? because i dont see how a hiphop fan can not like jay z or at least appreciate him. jay arguably made more great albums than any other rapper including whats arguably the best hiphop record ever in reasonable doubt.

reasonable doubt is sheer brilliance. listen through it and tell me jay z isnt great.
                  jay z is crap. basically came in and took over when biggie and pac got killed and nas started doing hardcore drugs and fell off.

jay z's punk ass tried to capitalize on it and tried to beef with a past prime rap legend only get ETHERED.

all jay z is good for is great beats. he never really had any inspirational, deep, thought provoking songs like pac did. he doesnt even fcking rhyme half the time and sounds so utterly annoying with his stupid ******ed voice. complete opposite of biggie who sounded so smooth and rhymed all the time.

jay picked up the crown after nobody was worthy enough to wear it.

HE NEVER TOOK IT.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

Reasonable doubt is dated man, just like Nas's Illmatic album, they don't sound so good anymore.

Jay-Z doesn't have a good voice for rapping, he's a decent writer but nothing breathtaking, his wordplay can be really awkward. If the likes of hard knock life and Izzo are considered his best songs then that tells its own story. B.I.G. has a tonne of better songs and he's been dead for over a decade.

I think Jay-Z is consistent, he has dropped a lot of albums but I've never considered his music to be much better than mediocre and could never understand why he got the attention he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Reasonable doubt is dated man, just like Nas's Illmatic album, they don't sound so good anymore.

Jay-Z doesn't have a good voice for rapping, he's a decent writer but nothing breathtaking, if the likes of hard knock life and Izzo are considered his best songs then that tells its own story. B.I.G. has a tonne of better songs and he's been dead for over a decade.

I think Jay-Z consistent, he has dropped a lot of albums but I've never considered his music to be much better than mediocre and could never understand why he got the attention he did.
                      he got the attention that he did because new york got behind him after years of getting their ass whopped by pac/dre/snoop and west coast rap. there was a huge void left in the rap game after biggie and pac died and jay just capitalized on it by dumbing down the music and not taking any chances just rapping about generic trivial crap and living large (no more beefs and controversial topics) and upping the pop beats.

Comment

Working...
                      X