Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Jay Z's quality of music fell off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Has Jay Z's quality of music fell off?

In my opinion the present Jay Z is a shadow of the artist he used to be. I miss the Can I Get A, Hard Knock Life, Give it to Me, Izzo, Jay. Now he's busy starring on songs like Drunk n Love. What has happened to Jay and music in general?

IMO Jay was @ his best with Bleak and Beanie by his side

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      In my opinion the present Jay Z is a shadow of the artist he used to be. I miss the Can I Get A, Hard Knock Life, Give it to Me, Izzo, Jay. Now he's busy starring on songs like Drunk n Love. What has happened to Jay and music in general?
      Definitely, it is garbage at this point.

Comment

Watch the Throne was dope but his last album Magna Holy Grail was weak as hell. Maybe he has too many "yes" men around him that think everything he does is great or its just time to hang it up.

Jay is no doubt one of the ATG's. You don't know, public service announcement and Can I live are some of my all time favorites.

Comment

I think just about everybody falls off.

There are certain genre's that can have 70 year olds on the stage, and sell out stadiums.

I don't see rap/hip-hop being one of them.

Now, I am a white male. A ******, in some eyes.

But I don't see hip hop in it's purest form translating over with guys in their 40's/50's re-inventing themselves.

It really is a young persons type of thing.

You can't go bumping Too $hort or E-40 in your ride with 4 15's at almost 40 anymore.

The artists themselves need to have the hunger, and the audience to match.

Young shit.

Comment

It's the same as it always has been. Terrible.

Comment

Jay's last great solo album was The Black Album. Watch the Throne was pretty awesome but Kanye and the production really carried that album more than anything. Jay's last album was straight up garbage and boring.

Comment

"Hov' on that new ****, n*ggas like "How come?"
                N*ggas want my old ****, buy my old albums"

Comment

Jays v8 a shadow of vb himself lyrically. His last solud or real good album was American Gangster. Blueprint 3 was ehhhhh ight. Watch the Throne was good production with horrible to average lyrics. And MCHG was meh. Sounded lazy and rushed.

Comment

the quality of rap music itself fell off

Comment

Working...
                    X