Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Thompson interested in fighting Fury

Better fight than the original if you ask me

Tony Thompson @tiger_thompson · 1h

@Tyson_Fury I'LL FIGHT YOU THIS SATURDAY, FOOL!@peterfury @frankwarren_tv @boraoent @boxingscene @********boxing @WorldBoxingOrg @WBCBoxing

Also...

TEAM FURY MASSIVE @asgartair · 2h

Lucas browne and Shannon Briggs both were calling out TYSON..Ur wish has come true.. WHAT U SAYING NOW??What's that, u joined the p*ssy gang

I'd personally rather see any of those 3 than Chisora

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      on it right now, no even lying...DONE!!!!! TWEETED HIM AND WARREN
      What's you're height and weight

Comment

Lol... Idk about better but better than nothing for sure.

Comment

Thompson not long back beat Solis, a better win than anything on Chisora's resume.
          He is known over here from battering Price twice.

Fans would be happy with that fight rather than some unknown journeyman replacement that does nothing for nobody.
          Briggs won't come over, he is all mouth. Browne is being protected.

Bring over The Tiger

Comment

just can't understand why Fury's promoters don't have a backup opponent in place before his fights. I mean, how ****in' times are you gonna get burned before you learn from this? It's not uncommon for promoters to replace injured opponents a week or even a couple days before a fight. Why can't Fury's team do that?

To reschedule is such a waste of time and is risky. He has to first, wait for Chisora to get healthy again and then hope he doesn't get reinjured.

Btw: Larry stop being a ****in troll. You don't have a passport nor do you have a boxing license

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
              Thompson, Luis Ortiz and Briggs have all said they are willing to step in.

So there's no excuse to not have a replacement.
              There's always an excuse where Mick Hennessy is involved.

Comment

Don't blame it on Fury if it doesn't happen...
                It will be hard for him to get a fight considering his promoter is not Warren although I do hope Frank puts that aside and tries to put on a good fight card by getting one of those good couple of names I've heard being said

Lucas Browne
                Tony Thompson
                Luis Ortiz

Those three are all more attractive options than the Chisora rematch and would mean more for Fury beating one of those three imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Don't blame it on Fury if it doesn't happen...
                  It will be hard for him to get a fight considering his promoter is not Warren although I do hope Frank puts that aside and tries to put on a good fight card by getting one of those good couple of names I've heard being said

Lucas Browne
                  Tony Thompson
                  Luis Ortiz

Those three are all more attractive options than the Chisora rematch and would mean more for Fury beating one of those three imo.
                  Isn't Browne back home, in Australia? Bit late in the day to fly him in, and he'd need some time to get ready for a fight of this magnitude.

TT is a good bet. James Toney is also looking for an opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Isn't Browne back home, in Australia? Bit late in the day to fly him in, and he'd need some time to get ready for a fight of this magnitude.

TT is a good bet. James Toney is also looking for an opponent...
                    James freaking Toney haha!
                    It wouldn't really be a good win but hell It might finally get the old guy to think about retirement If he stepped into the ring with Fury.
                    Definitely think JT would get stopped for the first time If that was to happen.

Agreed about Browne, I think his record is too good for those short notice things anyway.
                    I'm all for the Tony Thompson fight being made so long as Hennesey and Fwank don't try to be twats and reschedule this fight which for some horrible feeling I think they will.

Comment

Imagine the hilarity if Toney outboxed him.

Comment

Working...
                      X