Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto: "Hardest fight for me...Mayweather" "145 catchweight Pac did affect me..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto fought Clottey at 147 he weighed in at 146, 5 months later to fight Pac he weighed 145, he must have killed himself coming in 1lb less

Comment

He covered himself in much greater glory against Mayweather than he did against Pacquiao, so his answer is hardly surprising.

Comment

rolling with the excuse mayweather gave him
        he put up a fight vs floyd = was in better shape

Comment

Margarito made this guy quit. Everything that happened afterwards in Cotto's career is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            Using triangle theories, I doubt Cotto would've done any better. Pac dominates Clottey and Margarito.

Cotto gets stopped by Margarito, and has a hard, tough fight with Clottey, and could have lost the fight.

Styles make fights. Cotto doesn't have the feet or upper body movement to ever beat Pac. Upper body movement being the key words. He's too stiff to not get tagged at will by Pac.

A guy like Bradley won't get steam rolled by Pac, because of his upper body movement, and his footwork.
            True. But the version of Margarito that Pac beat was done and coming off a beat down from Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              He got dropped twice, beat up for 11 and 1/2 rounds and stopped by Manny. He's not being real.
              Or maybe, just maybe he has a different definition of what is hard. Considering the fact that he didn't take a vicious beating against Mayweather, it is probable that ''hard'' for him refers to the difficulty skill wise. Sort of like how a Rubic Cube could be more difficult than a fight where a received a broken nose.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                True. But the version of Margarito that Pac beat was done and coming off a beat down from Mosley.
                I know, I was just using an example. They both fought Margarito, so I had to use him as an example of how styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Armed Convict View Post
                  That azz whipping he took from Margarito doe
                  yea, which contained plaster

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRickman View Post
                    He covered himself in much greater glory against Mayweather than he did against Pacquiao, so his answer is hardly surprising.
                    fighting Mayweather is harder than fighting Pacquiao

how is that a shock? doesnt every fighter who fought both of them have the same exact opinion?

has nothing to do with glory

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                      Just using some logic, bud.

I'd say the same thing if I was Cotto, and I still wanted to sound relevant to boxing fans, before my fight with Sergio.

It sounds better to say you weren't in great shape for a fight where you got STEAM ROLLED.

It makes the fighter feel good to think that there isn't a fighter out there that can utterly embarrass them, even if they were in peak condition. It's an easier pill to swallow when you make excuses.
                      No, your upset because him saying what he did may cause objective observers to change their opinion or take credit away from Mannys win.

Comment

Working...
                      X