No announcement yet.

I put HBO Boxing on the same level as replacement refs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Even going by Ring's Top 10 like Weebler is....those guys are either not available, not acceptable to HBO, or don't want to fight Ward.

Except James DeGale and Oosthuizen who should have lost in his last fight.

Are you telling me that Sartison is any worse than DeGale? I don't see much of a difference between them. And if anything I bet that Sartison will accept less money.
    Cmon he is a horrible opponent. You know he is, im not sure why in the world you would even attempt to hype him up. It would be like Pac fighting Lee purdy at WW.

If he wants him as a tune, go fight off HBO for no money. HBO is completely right in deny this. I'd bet Ward wants like a mil for it too. No body wants to see this

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      HBO is making a profit

SHO lost 12 million in one event

Your analogy makes no sense
      [IMG] http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xMrZxUdE8Y4/UOSxoFR1l0I/AAAAAAAAETY/W8cPrY9YOII/s1600/im-******ed.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
        [IMG] http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xMrZxUdE8Y4/UOSxoFR1l0I/AAAAAAAAETY/W8cPrY9YOII/s1600/im-******ed.gif[/IMG]
        Tells us something we don't know about you

The other guy is right, SHO is certainly strapped. Broner Maidana PPV lol

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
          HBO is going to lose money on that RIOS-Pacquiao fight.. and HBO boxing budget is going to decrease.

Showtime is where it's at, Andre Ward needs to fight whoever they want then come back to Showtime asap... HBO has fallen.
          You wish. You don't know how this works, do you? The networks normally can't lose money on a PPV cause they're not making any guarantees. The promoter does that. Floyd's deal with Showtime is different, the network is making the guarantee, hence stand to lose money, potentially big time

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
            HBO only has three things going for them: Gennady Golovkin, Andre Ward, and Michael Buffer. The reason why I did not put the great Juan Manuel Marquez is because he is probably going to retire soon. Otherwise HBO is garbage.

Showtime has: Mayweather, Danny Garcia, Bernard Hopkins, Adrien Broner, ETC. The list goes on and on. The only things HBO is making a profit on is their TV shows. Pretty much anything unrelated to boxing. Showtimes profits have went up because of Mayweather going over to showtime. Entertainment and TV Shows in General HBO takes the cake because they have Game of Thrones and some other popular shows. But when it comes to combat sports not including Football, Showtime has done better this year and will continue to be better.
            I don't see what point is at the end of the day. Both networks provide Boxing we all watch. It's not like fans stop subscribing to HBO and ordered Showtime on some fanboy type ****. Keep in mind as well, their PPV business and their network business are two totally different things. Floyd will NEVER fight on Showtime while Floyd made a career fighting on HBO before making it big on PPV. But the networks generate their real money from viewers and as it stands HBO this year has had hella ratings with their Boxing. You also have to add in that the Boxing programming all ties into the overall Network and HBO is still the #1 Premium cable network. If one wants to choose sides lol...be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
              They both didn't and don't know wtf they are doing. They are too lazy to market Rigondeaux or they are still butthurt. They turn down every idea Andre Ward suggests for a tune up fight. HBO wake up, Andre Ward may be a freak of nature but they need to let him have a tune up fight. How about Ward vs Stieglitz. If HBO rejected something like that, he should be smart and go right back to showtime. Showtime Boxing is successful and HBO needs to wake up.
              Luckily for HBO you have no goddam idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                I don't see what point is at the end of the day. Both networks provide Boxing we all watch. It's not like fans stop subscribing to HBO and ordered Showtime on some fanboy type ****. Keep in mind as well, their PPV business and their network business are two totally different things. Floyd will NEVER fight on Showtime while Floyd made a career fighting on HBO before making it big on PPV. But the networks generate their real money from viewers and as it stands HBO this year has had hella ratings with their Boxing. You also have to add in that the Boxing programming all ties into the overall Network and HBO is still the #1 Premium cable network. If one wants to choose sides lol...be my guest.
                actually there have been posers that choose networks based on what fighters they like. shameful

Comment

No one wants to waste money on a fighter who doesnt wanna fight.
                  Awesome that his qualities allow him to win inside of the rules of boxing.
                  But this is a money making buisness of fighting entertainment.
                  He is bad for buisness. No following , no excitement equals waste of money .

No one will lay ate money to see that. Sorry.
                  Rigo needs to adjust his style , or make cheap money
                  Fighting in non televised spots on undercards.
                  Cant sell a guy who doesnt fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    HBO is making a profit

SHO lost 12 million in one event

Your analogy makes no sense
                    How many millions will Showtime make with the Floyd Canelo PPV, ever heard of an investment ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
                      How many millions will Showtime make with the Floyd Canelo PPV, ever heard of an investment ??????????
                      Showtime should make some millions back. But unless it gets 2million plus PPV buys, I see Showtime barely making their money back again. Showtime rushed this fight to make there money from the last fight. Plus they probably spent 50+ millions getting the fightcard, tours, and other promo for May vs Alvarez

Comment

Working...
                      X