No announcement yet.

Cleto Reyes Pro Fight Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleto Reyes Pro Fight Gloves

I've used the same pair of 16oz. Cleto Reyes training gloves (from Ringside) for over three years now, and I'm looking to replace them with a 10oz. version since I primarily work the heavy bag and mitts and gloves are usually provided for sparring. I'm looking at 10oz. as opposed to 16oz. since the larger gloves make it more difficult to string combinations together and keep punches as straight as possible.

Anyway, has anyone used the non-safetec version for training purposes? They're pro fight gloves, so I know the horsehair and foam isn't nearly as durable as training gloves with dense foam. From what I've been reading, people make it seem like these gloves will basically fall apart after one or two uses, since they're very soft and basically disposable fight gloves. Is this correct, or can they actually hold up over time?

I'd consider Everlast, but their "weekend warrior" equipment isn't good quality and the high-end stuff costs just as much as the Cleto Reyes gear. I've also been looking at Grant gloves and Winning, but I'm not paying $160/$350 for a pair of training gloves. Any input is appreciated.

Fighting sports is a good alternate for Winning. Look into Rival as well, that d30 tech that they have in their gloves(intellishock gloves) is magic. I love the d30. When high impact hits the material, it stiffens up and protects your hands. But it stays soft and flexible when at resting and/or low impact. So you don't feel like you have cinder blocks around your fist like at all times.

As far as the cletos you mentioned. I never used them. cletos are too stiff and hard for me, so i don't use them. i had winning for a while but those are decommisioned and i don't want to spend 300 on gloves again.

This is what d30 is and how it works

Comment

ive heard that the padding only lasts for like 15 rounds in pro fight gloves. after that theyre not that safe to use anymore for your opponent. but people also said the padding lasts way longer its just that you shouldnt use them in fighting anymore after like 15-20 rounds. but i dont know how long theyd last

Comment

Ive had my 8oz fight gloves for like 4 years theyre still good. the padding on fight gloves basically doesnt have any padding over the knuckles(thats why theyre considered punchers gloves). My hands have gotten wider and tougher from using them but of course never use them for sparring. bottom line is the material is top notch and the construction is top notch. they will last along time!

Comment

If you're training five to six days a week. They'll last about a year. If your lucky 1 1/2. The 8 ounce a little less.

Comment

Working...
          X