No announcement yet.

Wow Everyone forgets so fast!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Everyone forgets so fast!!!

Its amazing how fast everyone forgets how good Kelly Pavlik really is!!! I understand the whole "you're only as good as your last fight" motto but damn haha, Did everyone forget how he ran thru zertuche, beat the living **** out of miranda, then Ko'd JT and put him to sleep, the ref said after the fight he could have counted to 50 and JT wouldn't have gotten up!!! Did everyone forget about that??? Then he fights JT a 2nd time and just out boxes him!!! The Lockett fight well you know what happend there enough said. Kelly Pavlik has one bad fight, that he had a legitiment excuse for his lackluster performance or for that matter excuses, 1 elbow, wasnt able to spar for 2-3 weeks! antibiotics the week before the fight!, Temp of 102 on firday before the fight!.... He still is the best fighter right now period, Kelly and his team made a bad decision to fight that night. Thats all I got, think about it.

I agree one hundred percent, Kelly Pavlik is an excellent boxer and should remain at 160 untill he's ready to move up, not just for paychecks

Comment

Kelly's still a good fighter and the king at 160lbs.

That said, he's technically limited, and I don't consider him great.

And I'm a fan of his, just not an overzealous nuthugger.

Comment

He probably wouldn't have beaten Hopkins with or without the bronchitis, he's very good at what he does but Hopkins did show Pavlik's limitations, he's a hard guy to beat at 160 though, he's arguably the best fighter at 160.

Comment

Kelly is still the best MW in the world IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by zekebox View Post
            Then he fights JT a 2nd time and just out boxes him!!!
            No he didn't. Taylor made Pavlik look limited and exposed a couple of flaws which Bernard capitalized on. Some of us had Taylor winning the second fight with Pavlik. Personally I had him a couple of points ahead.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

We didn't forget sir. We are just waiting for February for him to continue his MW dominance.

Comment

Its amazing how fast everyone forgets how good Kelly Pavlik really is!!! I understand the whole "you're only as good as your last fight" motto but damn haha, Did everyone forget how he ran thru zertuche, beat the living **** out of miranda, then Ko'd JT and put him to sleep, the ref said after the fight he could have counted to 50 and JT wouldn't have gotten up!!! Did everyone forget about that??? Then he fights JT a 2nd time and just out boxes him!!! The Lockett fight well you know what happend there enough said. Kelly Pavlik has one bad fight, that he had a legitiment excuse for his lackluster performance or for that matter excuses, 1 elbow, wasnt able to spar for 2-3 weeks! antibiotics the week before the fight!, Temp of 102 on firday before the fight!.... He still is the best fighter right now period, Kelly and his team made a bad decision to fight that night. Thats all I got, think about it.

Pavlik was so ridiculously slow and sluggish when he fought hopkins I wanted to puke. Everyone could see his punches coming from a mile away. He had zero snap and no slickness. But he was like a mule. He never really got rocked hard or hurt. His chin seems to be pretty good at least.

I hate excuses but I honestly think something was wrong with him that night. Maybe his body just isn't a light HW and performs very badly with the excess pounds. Not everyone can change their weight and do well. Some people are just naturally pigeon hold into a narrow weight range and I think Pavlik is one of them. If he has trouble getting back down to 160 he is done as a fight I think, because he won't do well at higher weights.

Comment

Lebron james would knock him out in under 6 rounds. Yes I said it, lebron james.

Comment

pavlik is still the king at 160 imo, the 2nd JT fight did show some of his limitations . . . but i still had him winning it. but i was disappointed that he seemed not to make adjustments thats he should have in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X