No announcement yet.

Will it be Deja Vu again in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it be Deja Vu again in the UK?

I remember seeing Dirrel vs Froch and seeing Dirrel outbox the crap out of Froch and lose a hometown decision. Will it be repeated in Vasquez vs Burns?? I can see it.

Doubt it.

But if it's close then Burns will get the decision.

Comment

You could be right, especially with a Burns-Broner fight lingering. Which is pretty silly, I mean who outside of the UK even cares about that fight? I mean I'd like to see the winner get the fight, but I don't think Burns matches up well against Broner at all. Vazquez, although more boring, would present a bigger challenge.

I'm also certain that Vazquez is going to dominate Burns on points, easy fight for him. It might be pretty hard to give him the gift.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        You could be right, especially with a Burns-Broner fight lingering. Which is pretty silly, I mean who outside of the UK even cares about that fight? I mean I'd like to see the winner get the fight, but I don't think Burns matches up well against Broner at all. Vazquez, although more boring, would present a bigger challenge.

I'm also certain that Vazquez is going to dominate Burns on points, easy fight for him. It might be pretty hard to give him the gift.
        Are you serious? Anyone and everyone who interviews Broner asks about Burns. It's the biggest fight in the division. Personally I think the judging in the UK is terrific. Very few bad decisions against "away" fighters in recent times.

Burns v Vazquez will be close because both are top level fighters. I think Burns wins but I wouldn't be surprised if Vazquez upsets the apple cart.

Comment

you will see the three judges from the j'leon love fight

Comment

I also had Dirrell winning but it wasn't a boxing class like youre pretending it was.

I dunno much about Vasquez but Burns is a solid fighter. So I don't expect him to be wiped out.

Comment

Yup.. Vasquez will get robbed

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                I also had Dirrell winning but it wasn't a boxing class like youre pretending it was.

I dunno much about Vasquez but Burns is a solid fighter. So I don't expect him to be wiped out.
                I only watched it once when it was live on the air. It was ugly because Dirrel "was running" but he was landing the cleaner more effective shots, Froch looked lost. Vasquez boxes u with a jab and a 1-2, but since hes rangy hes hard to get to, so he usually wins one sided UD. Ppl criticize him cause he's "boring" but he gets the Ws..I just don't want to see him robbed..

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
                  I only watched it once when it was live on the air. It was ugly because Dirrel "was running" but he was landing the cleaner more effective shots, Froch looked lost. Vasquez boxes u with a jab and a 1-2, but since hes rangy hes hard to get to, so he usually wins one sided UD. Ppl criticize him cause he's "boring" but he gets the Ws..I just don't want to see him robbed..
                  I remember Froch getting a real schooling in the first 5-6 rounds where he hardly landed a punch. I thought it was a robbery and I wouldn't be surprised to see Vazquez robbed too; Senchenko was almost robbed on the scorecards himself before KO'ing Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
                    Did you watch it in the US? I did & the Showtime commentary was one of the most biased I've ever heard.

If you truly have an open & intelligent mind watch it again (with a different commentary or the sound down) & see if you think it's as bad as they made out.

I thought neither did that well. Dirrell was fighting scared for 10+ rounds & Froch was just loading up ineffectively.

A draw would have been a fair result in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X