Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Cotto shot against May and not with Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Cotto shot against May and not with Pac?

Ever since Cotto lost against Pacquiao, has he ever lost? Was his performance bad? Because although he was fighting bums, it's not like he performed horribly against them. In fact, I believe he was dominating them like he was supposed to. It's not like you can say "he did bad against a one eyed Margarito." So what are you guys seeing? Someone please tell me since the Pacquiao fight where Cotto looked bad or shot against an opponent?

his been shot ish against both May and Pacquiao

people there is a reason why Cotto been fighting that level of opposition lately please believe me

Comment

Cotto had 1 ass kicking on him going into the Pac fight
      he now has 2 on him after the Pac fight
      Cotto isn't shot anyway, maybe faded, but not shot altogether
      he's just lesser now than he was in late 09

Comment

Cotto is overrated sounds like they want to upgrade this guy status to make

Floyd look good.Cotto is overrated at any weight 140-154.Floyd is fighting a

beatable boxer who never lived up to what people made him out to be. His

just a good/solid boxer.

Comment

The question in this case is how good is Cotto? he is good.But he is not in the same league as Morales, Barrera, Marquez and Floyd.He never will. He is just a good boxer a level below those elites.

Comment

Originally posted by Filo View Post
            The question in this case is how good is Cotto? he is good.But he is not in the same league as Morales, Barrera, Marquez and Floyd.He never will. He is just a good boxer a level below those elites.
            Ok. But the question is, how is he shot against Mayweather and not Pacquiao? What fight after Pacquiao did he look bad in to make people believe that he is shot? I mean, me personally, I have yet to see a fight where Cotto looked bad in after Pac. I don't know about you.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
              Ok. But the question is, how is he shot against Mayweather and not Pacquiao? What fight after Pacquiao did he look bad in to make people believe that he is shot? I mean, me personally, I have yet to see a fight where Cotto looked bad in after Pac. I don't know about you.
              well cotto been brutally beat two times now. Everyone was discrediting pac's win because of how Tony destroyed him. So now everyone is saying he is better after going trough two savage beatings??

That said it just not makes sense that cotto of today is better than 4 years ago. He gets shot more coz of wear and tear and beat downs aging etc etc.. So yes the version of cotto during the first fight woth margarita was the best but he lost. Then the cotto version when he fought pac. Now it's just a shadow of himself, coz frankly beaten beat down like that can give a lot of wear and tear.

He may look new but deep inside he is a rusting jalopy. His mileage is way up. Cashing in. Good for him.

Comment

The Cotto that Pacman fought came of a brutal beating & a worthless fight with Jennings, then engaged in another war with Clottey, then was forced to fight Pacman at 145.

This Cotto gets to fight fat & hasn't taken as much punishment as before due to level of opposition. They're around the same.

Comment

How was Hatton "ruined" as so many of Floyd's fans like to say? He was on the exact same type of winning streak that Cotto is on.

Level of opposition means a lot. Cotto has two KO wins and a stoppage against guys that were either shot (Mayorga, Margarito) or just weren't anything special (Foreman).

Besides, us Pac fans weren't the ones saying Cotto was shot, it was all Floyd fans that said it. So ask yourselves this question.

Comment

People forget how Cotto was mentally ravaged by the Margarito fight.

Arum used that and gave him a vacant paper belt.
                    Cotto struggled with Clottey and showed that he wasn't mentally same.

Do anyone even remember that Cotto fought APc a year after the brutal Margo fight?

It takes time for fighters to recover from a traumatic experience like that.
                    A proud fighter made to quit infront of 14 000 of your countrymen....

Comment

Working...
                    X