Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin a Step Backwards From Whyte In Quality Of Opposition For Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Charles Martin a Step Backwards From Whyte In Quality Of Opposition For Joshua?

Whyte has reportedly outperformed Martin several times in sparring so, although he has a title, in reality Martin could be a step backward for Joshua in terms of the quality of opposition he's facing. What do you think backward step, just as good as Whyte, or best opponent yet?
    Backward step (Whyte is better than Martin)
    11.11%
    About the same as Whyte
    50.00%
    Forward step (Martin is better than Whyte)
    38.89%

Nobody can answer that objectively. Give Martin a chance. Not his fault he fought a guy with glass knees.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Nobody can answer that objectively. Give Martin a chance. Not his fault he fought a guy with glass knees.
      I watched enough of that fight to come to the conclusion that the dude is straight garbage. very slow, stiff, and just very basic. Joshua isn't exactly a Ferrari, but he's got a way bigger offensive arsenal than Martin and hits harder too.

Martin is on the same level as Dillian Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Whyte has reportedly outperformed Martin several times in sparring so, although he has a title, in reality...
        No. Sparring is not "reality". It's practice and people practice differently. When you ask two guys to give 25%, is one better because he's giving 30% instead?

That said, Martin is not going to be much of a challenge, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          Stop. He tore his knee up with a punch that landed on the gloves. How many times do we have to have this conversation?

Comment

HUH? Who's holding the belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              No. Sparring is not "reality". It's practice and people practice differently. When you ask two guys to give 25%, is one better because he's giving 30% instead?
              Yeah, people put way too much stock in sparring. It's ridiculous

Comment

hard to tell to be honest when Martin won the belt was the first time I have seen dude, he looks calm and collected but if I remember he was missing alot.

But in terms for Joshua Career a martin fight is a step forward a chance to grab a belt and be part of the real mix at HW (now is he ready yet? IDK but i lean to yes as the comp isnt that good).

Comment

From looking at both guys I think Whyte is a lot stronger opponent than Martin. Also with respect to styles making fights, martin is perfect for Joshua, he is a slow, lumbering guy with little mobility. joshua is stronger and can punch. This should be an easy fight for Joshua.

Whyte, on the other hand, was mobile, deceptive, with good power and much more technically accomplished than Martin.

Comment

What we do know is that the IBF is a strap up for grabs.

Comment

Working...
                    X