Mugging Mike: Tyson vs Holyfield 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugging Mike: Tyson vs Holyfield 1

https://imgur.com/gallery/cTzam

My breakdown on the preamble to the bite.

I don't justify the bite but Evander Holyfield was very rough in his fights with Tyson. That can't be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I don't justify the bite but Evander Holyfield was very rough in his fights with Tyson. That can't be denied.
      Damn right. Many, many fights complained about Holyfield's head use.

Comment

Remember this? Holyfield used his head to earn a split TD against Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Remember this? Holyfield used his head to earn a split TD against Rahman.

Hell yeah, worst looking injury I've seen in a fight in my lifetime. Did doctors ever say what that was? Some fluid buildup from the headbutts Rahman took in the fight? And what did they do, wait for the swelling to go down or drain that?

Comment

Evander was an ATG he was also a notorious for using his head .Holyfield was a master at headbutting other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Hell yeah, worst looking injury I've seen in a fight in my lifetime. Did doctors ever say what that was? Some fluid buildup from the headbutts Rahman took in the fight? And what did they do, wait for the swelling to go down or drain that?
              I think it was blood and fluid? I think the swelling went away on it's own I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I think it was blood and fluid? I think the swelling went away on it's own I believe.
                That had to make sleeping a little difficult for about a week after that. Almost as bad as having an eye swollen shut. Couldn't imagine having both eyes shut for a week or so. Billy Collins went through that after the Resto fight.

Comment

LOL "mugging Mike". Like he used to mug elderly people, knocking them out(possibly killing them) and robbing them?

Looks like Evander gave him the payback that had been coming to him for many years then.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    LOL "mugging Mike". Like he used to mug elderly people, knocking them out(possibly killing them) and robbing them?

Looks like Evander gave him the payback that had been coming to him for many years then.
                    In fight one or fight two?

Comment

Working...
                    X