Ancient fighters and fighting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    LOL calm down bro.

You need to look into doing a podcast on this sh^t man. History podcasts are kinda hot these days. A boxing history podcast could be a popular subgenre of that or maybe more importantly for you just a way to get your stories & thoughts out there for other interested parties, myself being one of them, to hear & appreciate about this stuff.

F#ck this place if they won't let you post what you, how you want it, when you aren't doing anything wrong that I can understand.
    Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      So in the year 480 the hype job Euthymos was stopped and exposed by a young and very brash Theaganese of Thasos, then he tried to get his cred back by pretending he'd killed a demon that was already dead before he got to it?
      The more things change the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        The more things change the more they stay the same.
        Don't fight him till he's dead .. now that's how you wait out a boogyman!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

he even won fights from beyond the grave,
          I was starting to think Golovkin would need to do that with Canelo.

Comment

I merged the threads. Why? Because it was my opinion as mod of this section, that your threads was flooding the frontpage and there was little traffic in them. I respect the effort you have put into it and it is intersting to read for the connoiseurs, but I dont think individual threads on single ancient boxers is needed hence the merge.

The reason why the thread looks as it does is because a merge takes the threads in the chronological order of which they are posted.

Comment

Good idea, Nelson.

Comment

Mr. Marchegiano,

Bravo!

I congratulate you on the time & effort you spent researching & composing this impressive array of educational posts on boxing history. Truly, this is an outstanding & unique accomplishment.

Regards,

Mike
                Last edited by mikeg1224; 06-08-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Speaking of ancient fighters, can you believe James Toney and Roy Jones are still active? I guess these days boxers like to wait until at least 50 to retire, like Larry Holmes and Roberto Duran before them.

Comment

Working...
                  X