No announcement yet.

Disney Buys Marvel Entertainment for $4 Billion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
    disney has given over billions away yes i agree,to their executives,i have never heard them once say,for every comic book we sell 1 dollar goes to the poor,this is ridiculous and the people who go to the movies and buy these comics are only making the big shots richer
    Marvel has given away tons of money also.
    When 911 happened they made special comics with proceeds going to the families.

EDIT. It went to the Red Cross.
    Last edited by Stab Judah; 08-31-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Walter Disney would be proud.

Comment

Seems to be the direction Marvel is taking... very "kid friendly"...

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Edit- Their own embedding doesn't show up proper but the video still works.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
          Seems to be the direction Marvel is taking... very "kid friendly"...

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Edit- Their own embedding doesn't show up proper but the video still works.
          Look out for 4 year olds with knives taped to their hands in the near future.

The comic books themselves are more adult oriented, violent and sexual than ever, so I hope Disney doesn't try to 'G rate' everything.

Not for kids
          Last edited by Stab Judah; 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

And kingdom hearts gets bigger lol. Like some of the previous posters said i hope this doesn't mean everything going down in rating.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
              I'm sure Disney has given away billions over the years.
              This isn't like giving one person 4 billion this is 4 billion for the rights to a massive corporation which has a profit margin surpassing the cost, in due time.
              Overestimating a wee bit, are we? Out of the few corporations, I don't think Disney is one of the trustworthy ones.

Marvel was on a good run. Disney will undoubtedly G everything up.

Comment

kingdom hearts 3.....starring cloud, mickey and spiderman....

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Overestimating a wee bit, are we? Out of the few corporations, I don't think Disney is one of the trustworthy ones.

Marvel was on a good run. Disney will undoubtedly G everything up.
                  No just over exaggerating

I think they work with 'Make a Wish' and other foundations like it.

Comment

Makes sense since Disney has some of the best graphic artists and animators on the planet. It can only be for the best.

They'll be able to produce more family friendly superhero films at higher budgets, among other things.

Stan Lee is a very rich man... again.

Comment

R.I.P. marvel i will miss the x-men

Comment

Working...
                      X