Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn sent the contract to Wilder 3 days late. Now he's ignoring Wilder's emails

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I would wait and see how this plays out in the next few weeks.
    Yeah, Povetkin and the IBF are breathing down Hearn's neck. If AJ/Wilder is going to be next, it will have to be finalised soon.

I hope to God it is next, because if all this bitching, name calling, point scoring bullshit doesn't end soon I'm going to have to put half this forum on ignore. Or just stop even looking at the comments under any AJ/Wilder articles like I did with Manny vs Floyd when that crap became too much to bear.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Possibly, hence the 'if'. But I did see Hearn trying to say he'd want it on DAZN in an IFL interview and that rang alarm bells for me already.
      I think he meant he would like it on DAZN if it was possible. Without Wilder's agreement, it clearly isn't possible. And like I said, I can't believe he would put it into a contract without getting his agreement first.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Yeah, Povetkin and the IBF are breathing down Hearn's neck. If AJ/Wilder is going to be next, it will have to be finalised soon.

I hope to God it is next, because if all this bitching, name calling, point scoring bullshit doesn't end soon I'm going to have to put half this forum on ignore. Or just stop even looking at the comments under any AJ/Wilder articles like I did with Manny vs Floyd when that crap became too much to bear.
        Yeah i have ended up ignoring a lot over the last few weeks, either way i hope we get an outcome soon. Difficult to be here with a lot of crying from posters.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          He expressed disbelief that the fight was worth $100m IN THE UK.
          That's a lie. He expressed disbelief that it was worth 100 million period and Hearn in interview after interview at the time said the fight was worth more in the US, but nowhere near 100 million. Team AJ's position was very clear. That the fight was worth more in the US, but not much more, and nowhere near what Team Wilder was claiming. When AJ said put up or shut up, he never expected Wilder to actually put up. Which is why AJ was caught with his pants down.

So it's ok for Wilder to turn down a flat fee, but it's not ok for AJ to turn down a flat fee? How can you justify that viewpoint?
          Big difference. Wilder turned down a flat fee that was a completely ridiculous low ball offer. Wilder recently accepted a flat fee that was higher. That's not the same as AJ turning down an offer he promised he would take.

It's a matter of opinions. But if the first fight is in the UK, and the second in the US then I believe it's better for AJ to do it that way.
          Okay, but your opinion isn't based on any knowledge, experience or expertise. You're just a fan on the internet. So how would you have any idea what's better? And assuming both fighters win at home, whoever wins the second fight has way more leverage when negotiating a rubber match.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            That was fake news. Not confirmed.
            Confirmed. It's the reason Wilder gave an identical deadline. I've seen Hearn's initial offer and the two day window was definitely in there. Was widely reported as well as Finkel had sent the offer to several reporters. I was shown the offer by Dibella. There's no doubt the 12 million offer had a two day clock, just as the 50 million offer did.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Yes, it was. But Hearn then saying he was open to talking about percentages, and opening up negotiations with Haymon, wasn't a publicity stunt.
              Hearn is refusing to give a percentage. So clearly he was lying. What else is he lying about?

You can't claim the 50 million offer wasn't real due to the gamesmanship of matching Hearn's initial two day clock because it's already been confirmed the 50 million offer is still on the table and Hearn is refusing to accept.

Comment

Hearns initial offer was ignored for weeks .

Wouldnt the fight had got made weeks ago IF actual meetings were not cancelled and counter offers made which haulted this fight not occurred ?

Who did these things in the first place ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  When AJ said put up or shut up, he never expected Wilder to actually put up. Which is why AJ was caught with his pants down.

Caught with his pants down?

Read what you wrote earlier:

These are legal documents governing a multi million dollar deal. There are pages and pages of terms, clauses, fine print, etc that weren't discussed before. Basic terms were agreed to, then you send a contract. Of course the other side will then come back seeking clarification. The first draft of a contract is never signed. It's a process.

So given that you tell us that a contract needs legal documents and so on and on, then please explain:

1: how the 50M offer was a serious offer considering the deadline, unavailability and so on and on

2: how precisely that offer caught AJ 'with his pants down'?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Was that the one and only reason?
                    Yes. As far as what was said. It certainly wasn’t a publicity stunt. In fact, Hearn said it was a “really good offer.”

Comment

That's a lie. He expressed disbelief that it was worth 100 million period and Hearn in interview after interview at the time said the fight was worth more in the US, but nowhere near 100 million. Team AJ's position was very clear. That the fight was worth more in the US, but not much more, and nowhere near what Team Wilder was claiming. When AJ said put up or shut up, he never expected Wilder to actually put up. Which is why AJ was caught with his pants down.

Big difference. Wilder turned down a flat fee that was a completely ridiculous low ball offer. Wilder recently accepted a flat fee that was higher. That's not the same as AJ turning down an offer he promised he would take.
                      We can go over it again and again but the fact is that AJ never promised to fight in the US for $50m flat fee with all variables in Wilders favour and no rematch clause. Please show me a quote or video where he does this. If not, then you really shouldn't keep repeating such things. That iFL video is open to interpretation which is why we are seeing it differently. You are seeing it as gospel and iron clad, I'm seeing it as informal d*ckswinging on YouTube.

Describing that $12.5m offer as lowballing is quite distasteful to be honest. It's far more money than Wilder has ever made and it was negotiable. Most people here were saying big fights are never made on flat fees yet Wilder has accepted one and you are encouraging of Joshua to have accepted one. And if you are claiming Joshua was caught with his pants down, then are you not contradicting yourself by stating 50/50 in Wilders favour is a fair offer to AJ?

Okay, but your opinion isn't based on any knowledge, experience or expertise. You're just a fan on the internet. So how would you have any idea what's better? And assuming both fighters win at home, whoever wins the second fight has way more leverage when negotiating a rubber match.
                      I'm not claiming to know what's better? I'm just seeing it from Joshuas side just as you are seeing it from Wilders side.

As far as a rubber match goes I really doubt any of them are thinking that far ahead. Nobody cares about that.
                      Last edited by EnglishOxide; 06-22-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X