Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Jean Pascal II HBO January 30, 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonzalez had no legs after Round 5 against Pascal... So pick up any list of eligible fighters for Kovalev, and you're left with Pascal as the most capable of them...

Simple maths for Duva: You go to Montreal and cash another big purse, or you take winter off and wait for Stevenson or Beterbiev... Gonzalez didn't prove anything yet.. Pascal on the other end proved that he could shake things up a bit with Kovalev... I expect another good fight with the same outcome...
    Last edited by Superbee; 11-12-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I remember Lederman and Kellerman saying they wanted a rematch after the end of the first fight.

They'll have their wish.

Comment

No and you know that. HBO is suffering from a lack of fighters right now. There is no reason for this rematch to take place. Pascal didn't have some great comeback performance after getting stopped by Sergey so why are we seeing this? The cupboard's bare.

Comment

Home advantage means nothing if he gets KOed.

Comment

I criticized this fight when it was first announced but now I'm looking forward to it. at least it is guaranteed to be entertaining. Most of these match ups are so boring lately.

Comment

It's the superfight for supremacy that Fonfara-Stevenson 2 is, but you could do worse.

Boxing politics suck sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                No and you know that. HBO is suffering from a lack of fighters right now. There is no reason for this rematch to take place. Pascal didn't have some great comeback performance after getting stopped by Sergey so why are we seeing this? The cupboard's bare.
                Agree. This does nothing to advance Kovalev and it means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  Agree. This does nothing to advance Kovalev and it means nothing.
                  Too bad we can't have Kovalev vs. Stevenson.

But this is better than Sergey fighting a journeyman. At least Pascal is a legit contender.

Comment

Best fight that could be made. Only fighters who really do 'anything' for Kov are Ward, Adonis and maybe moving up. The first 2 fights aren't happening in near future, so we're left w Pascal.

Comment

Pascal possibly gonna lose 3 of his last 4 fights and the 4th was a NC. Yes he lost to Gonzales

Comment

Working...
                      X