No announcement yet.

Proud and loud Atheists should shut up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    this one doesn't know when the stone age ended.
    Religion kept man in the stone age. Your beloved Christianity was also the main source of inspiration for the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Oh what on earth would we have done without it.

Originally posted by New England View Post
    and religion was absolutely important to classical greece. that's obviously something else about which you know very little. i've probably read more from that period in the last five years than you even know exists.
    So prove me wrong. Post evidence that proves religion was a fundamental part of Greek life, and without it, there's no way ancient Greece, as an advanced civilization, could have existed.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
      Religion kept man in the stone age. Your beloved Christianity was also the main source of inspiration for the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Oh what on earth would we have done without it.

So prove me wrong. Post evidence that proves religion was a fundamental part of Greek life, and without it, there's no way ancient Greece, as an advanced civilization, could have existed.

have you read anything from classical greece?

i have a hard time you've even read any classical rhetorical theory, the literature to which you were referring in your previous post.

Comment

okay i'll just keep on waiting for you to prove religion was a FUNDAMENTAL part of greek life and that ancient greece as an advanced civilization COULD NOT have existed without it (which is what you're arguing). i am not arguing that religion had NO role in people's lives back then, just that it wasn't a major part of that particular civilization..........................

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          Utterly absurd. It was because of Christianity that Europe went through a dark ages. Today, the Muslim world is still in the dark ages. Just because certain religions were improvements on how some people were living at the time, that doesn't mean we can credit religion with the blossoming of the human brain.

Greek ingenuity & thought was based on rationalism & free-thinking. Religion existed back then, but it certainly wasn't a major component of civilization.

Dude are you familiar with muslim inventions that shaped the world?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Well humanity was lifted from the stone age by tribalism, not religion.
            This contradicts NE's statement. I wonder if he read this.

Comment

Squeelpiggy

great Morissey sig.

did you created that?

Comment

People like this were already loud and obnoxious before they became or cared for atheism. Nowadays people like this just use atheism as an excuse to be loud and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                  Squeelpiggy

great Morissey sig.

did you created that?
                  Haha sadly no.

Comment

Im not religous at all, but I wouldn't call myself an athiest.

Athiest who feel they should be loud and voice their NON opinions annoy the **** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                      Im not religous at all, but I wouldn't call myself an athiest.

Athiest who feel they should be loud and voice their NON opinions annoy the **** out of me.
                      Pretty sure you can use a broader brush than that. Anyone who feels they need to be loud and proud of anything about themselves is incredibly annoying. Not just in a religious/atheist context. Have you met a vegan who doesn't profess being a vegan 24/7 365?

Comment

Working...
                      X