Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compubox is a Pile of Crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its very accurate and it shows how really the fight goes if 1 fighter dominates the other one.

in a very close fight. it boils down to the preference of the Judges. I agree compubox is not an accurate basis on who won a close fight. That lies to the official judges.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      i agree it's total crap and hbo does a disservice by continually quoting it on broadcasts. it might be accurate in some fights but fights like calzaghe-hopkins its totally off and has confused many people into thinking he actually was landing punches. just use your own eyes and watch closely where the punches are landing not just who is throwing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Profanosaurus View Post
        haha he really needs to let it go,that fight was 2 years ago and its still all he talks about

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
          haha he really needs to let it go,that fight was 2 years ago and its still all he talks about
          Quite literally ALL he talks about.

Comment

Agree 100%. CompuBox is a pile of ****.

Comment

LOL two operators are using it it has got 4 buttons to count a punch unbelievable that they are making money with that thing LOL.

Comment

Tony Thompson outlanded Wladimir Klitschko

Comment

The only thing I like using compubox for is to look at it over the long term and see how it looks for a guy against various types of opponents.

Even then I would take it with a grain of salt but I figure over the long term when comparing two guys they balance out, so it close enough to glean something, sometimes.

Certainly nothing to hang your hat on but sometimes it does provide interesting info, if taken properly.

Shit still drive me crazy though when people use total numbers to justify the scoring of a fight that is scored round by round, makes me want to beat my face against a wall until the pain stops~

Comment

***** youre garbage, if anything is accurate, it is compubox

a good 1-10% of the punch you wont see throughout every round because the fighters move around alot and ref can get in the way or you'll be watching the back of the fighter being hit and not see if the punches land

factor in the fact youre probably distracted 20% of the time by people talking and shouting next to you, you have to get a beer or snack or use the bathroom or some **** like, your eyes is inferior to a "couple of fat guys with glasses" who are ringsides and fixated on every punch like their life depend on it now stfu and use compubox until you got anything better or come up with your own stats which i know it be hard to get since the camera angles wont show you every punch because of wat i stated in the first paragraph

Comment

^^ damage control

Comment

Working...
                      X