No announcement yet.

Brock is done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casual View Post
    England do badly at every world cup, they are overated, and that's coming from an englishman. The squad is not good enough full stop, yet some people still think it's ok to play the same guys for years but I don't want to get into that. It's called waking up and smelling the coffee lad.
    Yeah, the squad isn't great, but dropping most of them and bringing in lesser players is a stupid idea. As with your comments on Brock, it's the product of jumping to a conclusion rather than thinking things through.

There's no doubt Brock is a good wrestler, I wont discredit him for that, he's really good at using his attributes he has best. However, people were quick to say Fedor would get destroyed by Brock, after he beat it a couple of past it fighters! Before Brock fought Cain, their was an awful lot of people having absolutely none of the Fedor would beat Brock but now they will be soon to jump back on the Fedor bandwagon, which irritates me.
    Yeah, people don't rate Brock as highly now as they did before. Big whoop.

At the end of the day, people seem to forget that Brock is a wrestler, he's not a fighter that some claim him to be.. I mean come on the amount of people that jumped on the brock bandwagon was ridiculous after he beat Carwin! Brock is supposely the 'baddest man on planet' this is utter BS in the MMA world.
    Brock was overrated, but the 'Brock is the baddest man on the planet' claims had more reason behind them than your 'Brock is a horrible fighter', 'Brock is a punching bag' type comments. Do you dispute the fact that less than 10 people in the world could beat him under MMA rules? Because if not then you surely agree that he's closer to being the best on the planet than he is to being shit.

You rarely (if ever) post in this section, suddenly you pop up when someone loses badly in order to continually state how crappy that guy is. It's NSB-level stuff devoid of insight or intelligence and is pretty annoying.

By the way, wrestling is a style of fighting. Saying 'he's a wrestler not a fighter' is stupid considering how many fights are won because of wrestling and how wrestling as a discipline/style has been more successful than many of the martial arts that are traditionally seen as being effective in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Yeah, the squad isn't great, but dropping most of them and bringing in lesser players is a stupid idea. As with your comments on Brock, it's the product of jumping to a conclusion rather than thinking things through.

Yeah, people don't rate Brock as highly now as they did before. Big whoop.

Brock was overrated, but the 'Brock is the baddest man on the planet' claims had more reason behind them than your 'Brock is a horrible fighter', 'Brock is a punching bag' type comments. Do you dispute the fact that less than 10 people in the world could beat him under MMA rules? Because if not then you surely agree that he's closer to being the best on the planet than he is to being shit.

You rarely (if ever) post in this section, suddenly you pop up when someone loses badly in order to continually state how crappy that guy is. It's NSB-level stuff devoid of insight or intelligence and is pretty annoying.

By the way, wrestling is a style of fighting. Saying 'he's a wrestler not a fighter' is stupid considering how many fights are won because of wrestling and how wrestling as a discipline/style has been more successful than many of the martial arts that are traditionally seen as being effective in a fight.
      You could argue people were jumping to conclusions after Brock beat Carwin, it's the same thing.

Theres no taking away Brock could beat the majority of UFC contenders, however I don't feel he can beat guys at the ELITE level, that's all. He was extremely lucky to beat Carwin in my opinion, he didn't really even do anything but survive to win the fight, i'll give him credit for that but I was hearing how Brock was a monster, would pound any heavyweight fighter in the division, giving pretty much no one even a chance. I'm sorry, I may sound unreasonable towards Brock, I don't have anything against the guy, it's just the way he was portrayed by the fighting world I dislike. There are so many other decent HW prospects in the MMA world that get no recognition what so ever.

And no, I don't post in this section much but neither do I post in the boxing section often either, I tend to read posts more, rather than get involved in slanging matches. I still follow the majority of the UFC events..The fact is, Brock had to be took down a peg or two, and that happened! Yeah it's easy to sit back saying fighters suck all the time, it's elementary people will slate anyone at the top, it's the way Brock was portrayed in the UFC that pisses me off. It's not Brocks fault, it's Dana White that fooled the UFC fans that Brock was the 'baddest man on the planet'.. It's a joke how someone can get so much hype then get beaten so badly by someone who isn't known by the casual fans. Of course, the MMA diehards knew Cain would dispose of Brock pretty quickly last night, because they aren't fooled by Dana White drivel he sprouts in MMA.

Comment

Working...
      X