Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did Porter's power go after he KO'd Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter has power, it's just his style requires him to smother his work and doesn't really sit down on his punches!

When he does sit down on it like he did against Keith when he went to the body well you saw One Time be Run Time!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      Mere con KO'd Paulie so it's not much of a benchmark is it..
      As far as Porter is concerned his opponents level increased and the rest is out there..
      The ref stopped the fight but Khan never hurt him. The fight was just too one-sided. Paulie had a very good chin, he could definitely take a punch. Porter is a solid puncher but I think Paulie was pretty much done and once he got hurt he couldn't recover.

Comment

When you are fighting a featherfisted opponent like Paulie, you dont have to worry about incoming punches which means you can be more aggressive and appear as though you are harder puncher than you really are..

So some you noobs thought Porter was the next Tyson just because he walked over Paulie? Lol

Comment

I totally agree. He looked unstoppable against paulie and I was worried about brook having to fight him. Paulie has a decent chin too but Porter just destroyed him.

Comment

Competition definitely played a factor. Kell Brook never really allowed him to land cleanly, and Broner just didn't fight at all for half of their fight. Thurman wasn't really hit with anything big either if I remember correctly, outside of a body punch but Collazo also did that so one can only assume he has a weak body lol

Paulie also showed signs of a failing punch resistance beforehand. I think it was Pablo Cesar Cano who had him in the canvas prior to this fight but I'm not 100%.
            Last edited by BoxerDood; 02-03-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              When you are fighting a featherfisted opponent like Paulie, you dont have to worry about incoming punches which means you can be more aggressive and appear as though you are harder puncher than you really are..
              This. Shawn had zero respect for Paulie's return fire. His mindset was to walk right through Paulie and get him out of there. And it worked to perfection.

Walking through Paulie is one thing -- but walking through Broner, Brook, and Thurman is another.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                Competition definitely played a factor. Kell Brook never really allowed him to land cleanly, and Broner just didn't fight at all for half of their fight. Thurman wasn't really hit with anything big either if I remember correctly, outside of a body punch but Collazo also did that so one can only assume he has a weak body lol

Paulie also showed signs of a failing punch resistance beforehand. I think it was Pablo Cesar Cano who had him in the canvas prior to this fight but I'm not 100%.
                yeah, Cano brutally floored him in the 11th. Paulie got a gift decission that night. Paulie showed signs of being shot in that fight and should have lost to a C-level ex-lw

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  The ref stopped the fight but Khan never hurt him. The fight was just too one-sided. Paulie had a very good chin, he could definitely take a punch. Porter is a solid puncher but I think Paulie was pretty much done and once he got hurt he couldn't recover.
                  Porter is no slouch, he is definitely a top 10 but like you said, he is a good puncher nothing great.. He hurt Thurman a bit but Thurman wobbled him more than a few times.. hardest punchers at WW atm are Spence followed by Thurman & Brook..

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    yeah, Cano brutally floored him in the 11th. Paulie got a gift decission that night.
                    Yeah Cano won that fight I thought. And clearly.

That was the definition of a gift decision.

Comment

lol what are you trying to suggest? is the real question. Cause if you just look at his boxrec you can clearly tell that as soon as he stepped up just ever so slightly he wasnt KO'ing anybody anymore. Hell before paulie he hasnt had a KO since 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X