Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Says Today's Fighters Focused on Talk, Not Taking Risks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it comes down to the fact that there arent enough marquee fights. I meam look at Crawford, he hasn't really fought anyone special but yet people are saying he's p4p number 1. Spence is being praised as the second coming but what males you so sure he can beat Brook?

Comment

I agree with Roy. But in all honesty, did he take risks in the prime of his career??? Benn, Eubank, McClellan, rematch with Toney, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield and the fighter from Germany,(who's name I can't remember)never took place for one reason or another. With Roy's ability, its real possible he wins those fights, but we just don't know. After winning the WBA Heavyweight title, Lewis, who was the universally recognized heavyweight champ, called him out. There were talks of Tyson and Holyfield fighting him. Toney was calling him out at cruiserweight, but ended up moving up and fighting Evander. Why didn't Roy take the risks at that time??? Even if he had lost against them, he would have made boat loads of more money and wouldn't be fighting now to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
        I agree with Roy. But in all honesty, did he take risks in the prime of his career??? Benn, Eubank, McClellan, rematch with Toney, Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield and the fighter from Germany,(who's name I can't remember)never took place for one reason or another. With Roy's ability, its real possible he wins those fights, but we just don't know. After winning the WBA Heavyweight title, Lewis, who was the universally recognized heavyweight champ, called him out. There were talks of Tyson and Holyfield fighting him. Toney was calling him out at cruiserweight, but ended up moving up and fighting Evander. Why didn't Roy take the risks at that time??? Even if he had lost against them, he would have made boat loads of more money and wouldn't be fighting now to this day.
        I think He Almost Forgot that he did the same thing back in his prime.

Forget about Lewis because he would have been accused of murder if they fought, but Benn & Eubank are the top two IMO.

Comment

Yeah cos Jones took so many risks in his career...right? RIGHT?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            I think it comes down to the fact that there arent enough marquee fights. I meam look at Crawford, he hasn't really fought anyone special but yet people are saying he's p4p number 1. Spence is being praised as the second coming but what males you so sure he can beat Brook?
            Well dang, tell Brook to honor his.mandatory and we'll find out.

Comment

He beat Toney though,can't use Toney as proof that he didn't take risks.

Comment

He should focus on retiring for good instead of keep criticizing GGG.

Comment

I don't think Eubank & Benn wanted to face Roy Jones, Toney, and McCallum (in 1992 Malinga lost in points to Eubank (SD) and Benn then in 1993 RJJ KO Malinga in 6)
                  Toney was a joke to not be in shape against RJJ
                  I also believe that RJJ avoided McClellan and maybe the prime Michalczewski (but for no reason here with Micha imo)
                  After his win over John Ruiz; yes RJJ/Holyfield or RJJ/Tyson will have been great but RJJ vs Lewis no way, Lewis was too big
                  RJJ take risks by fighting Toney, Tarver 3 times, Glen Johnson, and then at the end of his career, Calzague, Lebedev, Hokpkins etc

Comment

Holy ****, Roy. As valid as that opinion may be, RJJr simply cannot criticize anyone for this. Roy MUSTA FUHGOT his own career.

Comment

That's a bit rich coming from the guy that avoided pretty much the best fighters when he was in his prime.

Fighters talk a load of rubbish Roy, that's true. You're one of them in this piece.

Comment

Working...
                      X