Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many boxers were at their primes after turning 35?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a British point of view there's froch, calzaghe and lennon Lewis. All were pretty decent at that age. Both klitschko brothers were strong too.

Comment

_Maxi your wording is horrible. Nobody is in their prime at 35. Some guys are able to continue fighting at a high level because they take care of their bodies and are intelligent, experienced fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Ok I knew you would say Bhop... but he got beat five times after turning 35. Not the best example I'm looking for.

Wlad was a cheater, that's the only way he managed to win at an old age. Fouling all the time. He got beaten by Fury who many woudln't even consider a top3 HW before that fight.

Archie Moore is a good example.
        Losing doesn't mean you can't still be prime. He beat Oscar, Tarver, Pavlik etc and unified the belts at lhw. You're acting like he was shot or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
          ROFL. how do you know AJ hits harder? because he has 18 kos comparted to over 50 for wladimir?
          You'll see in April.

Comment

Floyd was prime at 35? Lmao dude stop posting

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Mayweather prime at 35????

When did you start watching him fight?
              no kidding, feels like mayweather was always in his prime tbh he was so damn ahead of the game.

Comment

the simple answer is nobody

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                The questions is simple.

All I can think of is Mayweather. Sergio Martinez maybe? but probably was not prime anymore after turning 37. He was 35 when he beat Pavlik and Williams.

Many ATG had more losses than victories after turning 34/35.

Which means that if Golovkin is beaten in the next years a few times doesn't mean he wasn't an ATG. Just means he was old. Look at every ATG's resume and show me how many were still beating everyone after turning 35.
                Floyd wasn't still in his prime at the age of 35; Floyd's "prime" likely ended in 2007, tbh. The only thing was that Floyd's boxing skills were so razor sharp that he could still utterly dominate fighters when the physical tools were starting to fade.

Closest I can think of is Bernard Hopkins, tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                  stop lying dumb b1tch

vs JMM

You jacked his funky ass up.

Comment

GGG just fighting bums right now in order to beat Hopkins middleweight record. He's just chasing history right now regardless of the calibre of opponents. After he beats the record is when he will move up.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      You'll see in April.
                      did both of them punch you in the face and then you ranked them?

oh in april when AJ fights a 19 month lay and olf wlad who is coming off a loss.

going to be funny to see the AJ fans hope on his nuts even more.

Comment

Working...
                      X