Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mikey Garcia duck Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know the full details. But from the outside looking in....yes.

Comment

No he didn't duck, I think a lot has to do with the Top Rank lawsuit. And from the way Mayweather was talking in the post fight I wouldn't be surprised if the lawsuits sucessfull he's going to sign with Haymon/Mayweather or something to that effect.

Comment

Didn't catch the post fight interviews or press conference. What did Floyd say exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Didn't catch the post fight interviews or press conference. What did Floyd say exactly?
          Said that Mikey Garcia and Ward were the next PPV stars.

Comment

I think Garcia ducked Gamboa.

Comment

I think Gamboa ducked Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Said that Mikey Garcia and Ward were the next PPV stars.
                Yeah pretty much with Ward he said he was a hell of a fighter and that Ward probably wishes he fought on Showtime because we're the shhit.

when a reporter asked about Khan, Mayweather didn't even answer the question and started talking about Mikey Garcia but said
                He's a great Champion, Next PPV superstar and then looked like he was talking to Mikey and said "our ultimate goal is to make you a PPV star because you have all the talent in the world". That sentence caught me off guard Especially talking to a top rank fighter like that.

Just interesting or a coincidence both fighters are suing their promoters probably be free agents if successful and Mayweather talking like that made me think if he's free Mayweather/Haymon/Shaeffer are going to try and scoop him up.
                Speculation on my part

Comment

Working...
                X