No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Kessler Could Get Froch, Ward is Protected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland: Kessler Could Get Froch, Ward is Protected

Promotional Kalle Sauerland of Sauerland Event doesn't expect Andre Ward to come to the table for a rematch with Mikkel Kessler. On December 8th in Denmark, Kessler (45-2, 34KOs) will face Brian Magee (36-4-1, 25KOs) for the vacant WBA "regular" title. The World Boxing Association has ordered the winner to face Ward, the "super champion" at 168, in six months.

Sauerland sees a lot of possible options for the Kessler, if he wins, but not a fight with Ward. A more likely scenario is a rematch with IBF champion Carl Froch. Kessler lost an eleven round technical decision to Ward in 2009 and then won a twelve round unanimous decision over Froch in 2010.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Funny that Sauerland talks about "protection".They have at each Sauerland fight night home refs and home judges and so guys like Hernandez and Huck are able to keep their "titles". Huck lost to Lebedev,Afolabi and Arslan.....but each time got a decision in his favor......this kills our sport

Comment

Froch-Kessler II, Summer 2013.

Comment

Against Andre Ward we had the worst referee I’ve ever seen in a boxing ring.
        Uh-huh.

Yet Froch, against Kessler, had to contend with one of the worst judges ever seen - Roger Tilleman, the same ref who constantly warned Robin Reid for merely touching Sven Ottke in their fight. :conf1:

I hope that old bastard died a very, very painful death earlier this year.

Comment

Out of all the annoying ****ing promoters Kalle Sauerland is the worst. Too bad Froch didn't knock him the **** out when they went at it at the press conferences.

Froch-Kessler II makes sense, but to me Froch would be the favourite this time, without a doubt.

And Ward beat both of them with relative ease, especially Kessler.

Comment

MIKKEL KESSLER vs ARTHUR ABRAHAM ???SAUERLAND put your boys in the ring and stop talking trash about the others!!!

Comment

Sauerland talking about a fighter being protected!!!

Oh that's just ****ing rich!

That goes beyond the pot calling a kettle black!

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                Out of all the annoying ****ing promoters Kalle Sauerland is the worst. Too bad Froch didn't knock him the **** out when they went at it at the press conferences.

Froch-Kessler II makes sense, but to me Froch would be the favourite this time, without a doubt.

And Ward beat both of them with relative ease, especially Kessler.
                What on earth makes you say that? I watched the Kessler - Froch fight earlier today and some of the american commentators had it 11-1 Kessler! Kessler hadn't fought for a year when he went in against Froch, and with the cuts and all.. uhgf.

If they fight again, Kessler will beat Froch by a wider margin. It's funny to see how a fighter can from 0 - 100 based on a win over Bute. Don't get me wrong, I like Carl Froch a lot actually, big fan of his. But Mikkel Kessler fully fit is an animal. Plus he's my neighbour.

Comment

Both Froch and Kessler want a rematch, makes most sense.

Comment

Saureland is correct. That is if by "protected" he means; Ward took my fighter out back to the woodshed and beat him from pillar to post while still a pretty green fighter. And now that he's developed a left hook to his game might in fact KO my guy inside of 10. And seeing as he's now a refined elite talent the networks will "protect" him from fighting for mediocre purses...then yes he is protected and you should be glad because a refined confident Ward retires the Viking Warrior for good.

Comment

Working...
                    X