Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture of Ricky Hatton after Floyd Mayweather TKO defeat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People tend to forget the first 5 or 6 roudns were real competitive. I quite enjoyed it and then May worked him over down the stretch.

Comment

Ricky had a long stretch of fighting guys who weren't that great. He did, however prove himself vs tszyu, but I think that and the collazo fight had an impact on his confidence. Ricky had heart though, and even Floyd admitted that he just kept coming after him after he had hit him with a lot of hard clean shots. Hatton was often not given credit for his skills, but he could box pretty well, had fast feet, and could take a hell of a punch

https://youtu.be/9XX695yh9FU rd 5 @ 1:37 tszyu hits him with a straight right and Ricky stops and puts his hands down and tszyu stops and I think that was a real uh oh moment that he wasn't going anywhere that night. Tszyu wasn't responding at the end of 11, Hatton had beaten him into absolute submission. His greatest night.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonio1023 View Post
        That picture was during the Pacquiao fight. But heck yes he was dazed after hitting that belt buckle! lol
        In the Pacquiao fight Hatton was wearing red gloves and referee Kenny Bayless was wearing blue latex gloves. Those are Joe Cortez's wrinkly hands in the pic. Sucka.

Comment

Hatton had depression after the Pacquiao fight. That was pretty serious.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            That was the last time Floydette fought a worthy opponent

a top fighter who wasn't over the hill, weight drained, or was an overmatched bum

oh wait, I forgot Floyd still forced Hatton to move up in weight on short notice

therefore ducking the best version of Hatton at 140, and gaining an unfair advantage

another W with an (*) for Floyd's collection of those
            facts...hatton is still one of this best wins...hatton and corrales

Comment

One of the most hyped fights ever. I watched at a party with a bunch of Hatton fans, they kept saying, yeah, but Floyd isn't hurting him with those shots, then in between rounds they'd show the shots in slow motion and they were rocking Hatton's whole head. Then the check hook came and people were like, "Whoa, did his head just hit the turnbuckle?" Yup, and then it was over. Hatton was undefeated and in his prime and he had just destroyed Kostya Tszyu 2 years earlier, but he got taken apart and KOed.

Hard to believe this fight was almost 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                That was the last time Floydette fought a worthy opponent

a top fighter who wasn't over the hill, weight drained, or was an overmatched bum

oh wait, I forgot Floyd still forced Hatton to move up in weight on short notice

therefore ducking the best version of Hatton at 140, and gaining an unfair advantage

another W with an (*) for Floyd's collection of those
                Sad that his fans still cling to this as some big win. He fought a smaller, outgunned Hatton who was never a big deal to begin with. Had a little help from Joe Cortez who refused to allow Hatton to fight on the inside. Each time little Ricky got inside Joe pushed him back.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  facts...hatton is still one of this best wins...hatton and corrales
                  "Facts"

So Mayweather "forced" Hatton to move up on short notice.

Is that a fact?

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                    Hatton had depression after the Pacquiao fight. That was pretty serious.
                    Hatton is on record saying the depression and drug abuse started after the Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      The second most satisfying win I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Damn it was fun to be on here back then
                      Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                      Hatton fans vanished. lol...
                      That win would remain the most satisfying win of my life as a boxing fan, I was on a different website with sheeps who knew mostly nothing about boxing. They gave Mayweather zero chance, I was told Mayweather wasn't a true WW etc

They even disappear and shut down that website after Hatton got KTFO, how people can use nationality in boxing is beyond belief for me.

Not that I don't support British boxers but I don't let that blind me from how I pick who would win a boxing matchup.

I picked Joe calzaghe in everyone of his fights but I just knew Hatton wasn't good enough to beat Mayweather, I was told I didn't know anything about boxing and how Hatton broke three of Castillo ribs/Mayweather struggled with Castillo. Even when I tried telling them the difference between that Castillo and the one Mayweather fought they just wouldn't reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X