No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Spence is Impossible To Do Without PPV, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
    Yo bro I know you are a professional hater but I check this out I got to give props to TC because he was willing to fight the best at 135, he was willing to fight the best at 140, just because he blew everyone out don't mean that they were all trash it could mean it's because he is great.
    And make no mistake about it Homeboy he's not ducking and dodging any man at 147 lb, TC is the only ONE mentioning Spence's name in this FKN Division
    Ramirez, Figueroa, and Prograis were the best at 140. Even Broner is better than Indongo.

And who did he fight at 135? Gamboa? Post-Balco Gamboa at that.

And now at 147 he is willing to fight Horn and say Spence. The only reason he mentions Spence is because he knows Arum will protect him and not let him fight him.

If you give Bud those accolades, you have to do the same for Mikey. He also beat every champion at 140. He also fights the best at 135.

The truth is, Bud starved himself to make 135 when DSG, Khan, Maidana, and Peterson were all at 140 and all were considered elite. He moved up only after all of them moved up to ww.

Now he is at ww and has fought Horn.

Bud's best opponent to date is either Postol or Horn. Broner fought Maidana, Porter, and Mikey. How is Bud, the same size as Thurman, Spence, DSG, Porter, best opponent to date Postol or Horn??? He isn't ducking and dodging anyone that he knows he can beat easily. The guy is already 31 years old.

For comparison.

DSG- Khan, Matthysse, Thurman and now Porter

Brook-Porter, g, and Spence

Khan- Judah, Peterson, DSG, and Canelo

Spence- Brook and Peterson

Porter- Brook, Thurman, and now DSG

Thurman- Porter and DSG

Broner- Maidana, Porter, Mikey

And then we have Bud with wins over Postol, Indongo and Horn. If Bud isn't ducking and dodging anyone, how has never fought any elite opponent? Or are seriously saying that you consider Postol and Indongo elite?

Oh, yea, Bud is also older than all those other fighters who have actually fought elite opponents. If Postol and Horn are elite, then Brook and Peterson are hall of famers.

I'm not a hater. I only want to see the best fight the best. Wow, Bud has said the name Spence! And then, his promoter comes out and basically blows it off. Broner is smaller and not nearly as talented as Bud and younger, and yet he has fought three opponents better than anyone Bud has ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      As the WBA champion he is also subject to random testing.

He also is trying to fight Mikey and has said so on many occasions. You chose to not believe him because of your agenda.
      Source????

The WBA said last year, that they would have a similar program to the WBC Clean Boxing Program. The WBA's is supposed to be called the Fair Boxing Program. It was supposed to start at the beginning of this year.

I have yet to see or hear that this actually has went into effect yet. On VADA's website there is mention of the WBC CBP, but there is absolutely no mention of the WBA and/or a Fair Boxing Program.

On Boxrec, it says: VADA CBP enrolled for fighters enrolled in the CBP. There is absolutely no mention of any WBA Fair Boxing Program.

Saying you are going to enforce random ped testing and actually doing it are two very different things.

Provide me proof that this WBA FBP has actually went into effect and I will happily admit I was wrong and you are right. But I find it hard to believe the WBA would implement such a program without the WBA or VADA mentioning that it has started.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        Ramirez, Figueroa, and Prograis were the best at 140. Even Broner is better than Indongo.

And now at 147 he is willing to fight Horn and say Spence. The only reason he mentions Spence is because he knows Arum will protect him and not let him fight him.

If you give Bud those accolades, you have to do the same for Mikey. He also beat every champion at 140. He also fights the best at 135.

The truth is, Bud starved himself to make 135 when DSG, Khan, Maidana, and Peterson were all at 140 and all were considered elite. He moved up only after all of them moved up to ww.

Bud's best opponent to date is either Postol or Horn. Broner fought Maidana, Porter, and Mikey. How is Bud, the same size as Thurman, Spence, DSG, Porter, best opponent to date Postol or Horn??? He isn't ducking and dodging anyone that he knows he can beat easily. The guy is already 31 years old.

For comparison.

Thurman- Porter and DSG

And then we have Bud with wins over Postol, Indongo and Horn. If Bud isn't ducking and dodging anyone, how has never fought any elite opponent? Or are seriously saying that you consider Postol and Indongo elite?

Oh, yea, Bud is also older than all those other fighters who have actually fought elite opponents. If Postol and Horn are elite, then Brook and Peterson are hall of famers.

I'm not a hater. I only want to see the best fight the best. Wow, Bud has said the name Spence! And then, his promoter comes out and basically blows it off. Broner is smaller and not nearly as talented as Bud and younger, and yet he has fought three opponents better than anyone Bud has ever fought.
        You're being unfair. Who did Crawford duck at 135 and 140?

Is it Crawford's fault those divisions were pretty weak at the time of his reign? Should he have said, "**** becoming a champion / unified champion / undisputed champion" and moved up right away?

He's at welterweight now. He's had one fight--- Horn was a good step-up, and now he's a champion. Even if none of us think Horn was great, I think it's acceptable that a fighter gets a "tune-up" when they move up in weight.

Now let's wait and see what fighters he fights next.

Comment

Source????

The WBA said last year, that they would have a similar program to the WBC Clean Boxing Program. The WBA's is supposed to be called the Fair Boxing Program. It was supposed to start at the beginning of this year.

I have yet to see or hear that this actually has went into effect yet. On VADA's website there is mention of the WBC CBP, but there is absolutely no mention of the WBA and/or a Fair Boxing Program.

On Boxrec, it says: VADA CBP enrolled for fighters enrolled in the CBP. There is absolutely no mention of any WBA Fair Boxing Program.

Saying you are going to enforce random ped testing and actually doing it are two very different things.

Provide me proof that this WBA FBP has actually went into effect and I will happily admit I was wrong and you are right. But I find it hard to believe the WBA would implement such a program without the WBA or VADA mentioning that it has started.
          Beyond the announcement I haven’t kept up or contacted the WBA. It’s interesting that Spence was dropped and named by the WBC whereas Loma wasn’t. That can only be because he was asked to test and refused, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            You're being unfair. Who did Crawford duck at 135 and 140?

Is it Crawford's fault those divisions were pretty weak at the time of his reign? Should he have said, "**** becoming a champion / unified champion / undisputed champion" and moved up right away?

He's at welterweight now. He's had one fight--- Horn was a good step-up, and now he's a champion. Even if none of us think Horn was great, I think it's acceptable that a fighter gets a "tune-up" when they move up in weight.

Now let's wait and see what fighters he fights next.
            It is his fault he waited until DSG, Khan, Maidana, and Peterson all moved up to ww, to move up to 140. When there were elite fighters at 140 he refused to fight there. Only when someone like Indongo had two belts did he move up.

The guy is 31 years old and weighs more in the ring than Spence does. And its not his fault that his toughest opponent to date is either Postol or Horn?!? Yea, while Bud was fighting Postol and weighing the same as Spence in the ring, Spence was busying breaking Brook's face in front of 30,000 fans screaming for Brook to win.

He is 31, he was a weight bully, putting on more weight from weigh-in to fight than Canelo did. He did that to avoid the best.

Yes, lets see who Bud fights now. He is already 31. How much you wanna wager his next opponent won't be a top 5 ww?

Comment

Beyond the announcement I haven’t kept up or contacted the WBA. It’s interesting that Spence was dropped and named by the WBC whereas Loma wasn’t. That can only be because he was asked to test and refused, surely?
              What does "Spence was dropped and named by the WBC whereas Loma wasn't" mean? Who dropped Spence and from what?

The WBA does not have VADA year-round random testing. They voted for to have it, but have yet to implement it.

Spence is trying to fight for the WBC title and has been for years. That's all I'm saying. Loma has won titles in three divisions and fought some top opponents. Yet he has never tried to fight a WBC champ. I just find that a little bit odd.

Comment

What does "Spence was dropped and named by the WBC whereas Loma wasn't" mean? Who dropped Spence and from what?

The WBA does not have VADA year-round random testing. They voted for to have it, but have yet to implement it.

Spence is trying to fight for the WBC title and has been for years. That's all I'm saying. Loma has won titles in three divisions and fought some top opponents. Yet he has never tried to fight a WBC champ. I just find that a little bit odd.
                WBC listed Spence as a fighter recently not enrolled. I believe it was a list of fighters than had been ranked but didn’t enroll.

What WBC title did Loma avoid? 126? Nah. Johnny Gonzalez was injured and then lost right away to Russell. A re-match with Loma wasn’t happening. No way Russell and Haymon would want it and the first fight was so one-sided.

130? Vargas was supposed to fight Salido, got injured, lost to Berchelt who was mandated to fight Salido who got injured and then Berchelt got injured. I’d be interested on when that was supposed to happen.

Again, I think your agenda is clear.

Comment

WBC listed Spence as a fighter recently not enrolled. I believe it was a list of fighters than had been ranked but didn’t enroll.

What WBC title did Loma avoid? 126? Nah. Johnny Gonzalez was injured and then lost right away to Russell. A re-match with Loma wasn’t happening. No way Russell and Haymon would want it and the first fight was so one-sided.

130? Vargas was supposed to fight Salido, got injured, lost to Berchelt who was mandated to fight Salido who got injured and then Berchelt got injured. I’d be interested on when that was supposed to happen.

Again, I think your agenda is clear.
                  My agenda is simply to see the best fight the best. Right now that is Mikey-Loma.

I'm not saying Loma is cheating, he may very well not be, but he hasn't proved that or tried to get a fight where he would have to prove that. Spence was dropped by the WBC because he won the IBF belt.

It seems your agenda is just to be a cheerleader for Loma.

For all I know, Spence is using peds, and he may very well be. But at least he is trying to get a fight where he would have to be enrolled in year round random testing. And has been for years.

I am suspicious of any and all pro athletes who do not take random, real ped tests. Including all NBA players and many boxers.

I simply responded to a post, alleging Spence was on peds. And like I said he might be, but if he is, he is willing to quit and go clean to fight the best. All I said is that elite fighters who have never even tried to fight for a WBC belt, and have never undergone random ped tests are very suspicious. The fighters who have never undergone random ped tests but who are obviously willing to, are still suspicious until they actually are enrolled in random testing.

These are professional boxers where the difference between making a million a fight and making $50k a fight is the difference of one or two losses instead of wins. Any pro athlete who can use peds, most likely will. Including Loma and Spence.

But again, your agenda is clear.

Comment

These boxers want that bag

Comment

For comparison.

Thurman- Porter and DSG

Wow you must lay in your bed every night and think about what you're going to trash talk about Bud lmfao.. fact is bro Terence Crawford is going to unify this Division and lock horns with all the top dogs that you mentioned and whip all their asses and then you're going to be sitting there cryin,, I get it you will not give this man one Speck of credit as professional boxer three-time division champ who fully unified his division first to do it since Bernard Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                      X