Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Like Listening To Teddy Atlas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Teddy Atlas, been a fan for a long time watching him years and years on Friday Night Fights! Sure he is often wrong but when he is wrong he comes on and admit "Boy Was I Wrong!". Pacquiao fans hate him for obvious reasons lol but overall his knowledge on the sport of boxing is undeniable!

Yeah his P4P Rankings are a bit weird but I do think it is his HONEST OPINION! Atlas don't say things to make fans happy which is why I'm a fan!

Timothy Bradley and even Andre Ward last night was a bit too passive and submissive in not challenging him on some of the things he say though! Shouldn't be afraid to disagree with him!
    Last edited by sicko; 08-20-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
      Teddy is better than most commentators, he posses more knowledge than is peers.
      That is true. If he just focused on what he knows thats better than most other cats out there he'd be gold, but he invests too much into dick riding himself for my liking overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        That part I did get a good laugh from Teddy

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          When he's not too into his own bs he's actually good to listen to. But I think he's a narcissist who jacks off to pictures of his own dick too much. So overall I'm not a big fan of Atlas talking, but he can say some great sh^t when he's not overly feeling himself.
          You wanna take that back about my idol? Unless you wanna take this to the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            I told him to meet me at 7 yesterday in Bakerfield which is exactly half way for both of us and he waved the white flag. Homey talking about Meeting on a sunday of all times.. sunday isnt exactly the day when people go out to do sht so that was his way of backing down. Btch move..
            I wasn't surprised.. When a f@gg0t writes a 7 paragraph essay on why he can't be there, it means he has b1tched out

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              When he's not too into his own bs he's actually good to listen to. But I think he's a narcissist who jacks off to pictures of his own dick too much. So overall I'm not a big fan of Atlas talking, but he can say some great sh^t when he's not overly feeling himself.
              This is a fair assessment

Its just when he gets carried away that irks me

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                I don't mind him. During commentary I've never heard him say a disparaging remark about a fighter. He suggests what they should be doing, highlights a weakness, but doesn't berate them or bring up their personal lives like Lampley and Merchant used to. He's a lot like Al Bernstein, Foreman and RJJ: my all time favourite commentators.

"he's not doing much to keep us awake.." - Merchant during some fight I remember was actually interesting
                What Bernstein/Atlas would have said: "he needs to increase his work rate if he hopes to win the crowd"

"once again when the bully gets bullied..." - Merchant on Tyson
                What Bernstein/Atlas would have said: "tonight he faced an opponent who wasn't intimidated by his power..."

"and while Mayweather talks, Pacquiao leaves his talking in the ring.." - Lampley
                What Bernstein/Atlas would have said: "and one wonders if Mayweather will now throw his hat into the argument..."

"I think the myth of George's power has finally been laid to rest" - Merchant (Foreman then proceeds to KO Moorer)
                What Al or Teddy would have said: "We've yet to see the power Foreman has shown previously..."

So, no. Atlas is good imho.
                LOL I love these comparisons. I'm big on Bernstein & he's the best lead announcer in the game for me & its mostly off of how he angles things in the best light possible instead of being a dick like a lot of the HBO guys.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  I'm either cringing or waiting for him to start crying when he talks

Boxing on free tv is cool and all but Teddy ****ing sucks
                  Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Hes the best . Very entertaining. Him and ward were excellent . Ward knows his stuff and articulates it well
                  Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Very much so, nothing like watching him freeze glare into parts unknown and then erupt like a volcano that scares everyone around him. Namely other broad casters that cant go anywhere next to him .
                  Originally posted by b0x
                  Him and Tim are becoming the lovable pair, like father and son. "Tell em coach". Great commentators.
                  Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  I find it entertaining.

Of course, we all know he is hamming it up.

Teddy knows we know too.

It's like an inside joke for real boxing fans, like he is winking at us as if to say "watch me hype this bullshyt for the casuals, but I'm gonna have something real for you in the middle of it too".
                  Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  He's better than the HBO crew, but I am tired of him.

Atlas vs Limp divk lamply, Teddy by ko.
                  Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Teddy is the most insightful commentator by far. If you appreciate the science of the sport, you appreciate Teddy. Even if he can be a real pissy b@stard at times.
                  He's funny, and he can sure call A FIGHT!

Comment

I like Teddy.

"Wata in da basement. BANG!"

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      He's good, but can't stand some of his boring, repetitive analogies.
                      But the analogies, are what makes Teddy, well, Teddy. Once, on FNF, back in maybe 2002 Or So, him and Bob Papa were Talking about some Boxer who didnt have much power who was behind and needed a KO. He made an excellent analogy, about a baseball team who didnt have a home run hitter, who had to string together some base hits to score (in other words the puncher without 1 punch KO power had to throw combinations to get that KO). Excellent analogy, I thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X