Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't BOXING covered on ESPN/Sportscenter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    So you're telling me a sport that comes on as many stations as College Football isn't a mainstream sport?
    Pretty much yes. The average ESPN viewer doesn't know who Spence (he might be an exception since he fought after a big game, still not enough to talk about plus he has no fight lined up) Thurman Garcia Wilder Crawford etc etc are.

They might know Canelo, but the GGG fight left a sour taste in lot of people's mouths so everyone said "**** boxing" again. Plus he doesn't speak English.

And I don't think boxing is on as many stations as college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Pretty much yes. The average ESPN viewer doesn't know who Spence (he might be an exception since he fought after a big game, still not enough to talk about plus he has no fight lined up) Thurman Garcia Wilder Crawford etc etc are.

They might know Canelo, but the GGG fight left a sour taste in lot of people's mouths so everyone said "**** boxing" again. Plus he doesn't speak English.

And I don't think boxing is on as many stations as college football.
      Boxing is a mainstream sport not covered by the mainstream media. Thats why the average ESPN viewer doesn't know them. I don't watch College Sports but I know of it because I watch ESPN and that's what they talk about.
      Imagine if ESPN did segments on boxers like the do College Football?
      Or cover a big matchup like Thurman-Garcia from earlier this year that was on CBS.

Comment

I am watching Deontay Wilder on ESPN Sports Nation right now,good long interview.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
          Boxing is a mainstream sport not covered by the mainstream media. Thats why the average ESPN viewer doesn't know them. I don't watch College Sports but I know of it because I watch ESPN and that's what they talk about.
          Imagine if ESPN did segments on boxers like the do College Football?
          Or cover a big matchup like Thurman-Garcia from earlier this year that was on CBS.
          Sure they could talk about it more, but they won't. Not enough people care about boxing to really cover it like they do NFL,NBA,MLB.

Comment

because not enough people care about boxing

supply and demand

Comment

On First Take they discussed...... ODH calling out McGregor smfh. **** ESPN YouTube is the new wave

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Somebody needs to take a knee or something
                We got Kell Brook Joining the movement, why won't they talk about that ??

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  We got Kell Brook Joining the movement, why won't they talk about that ??
                  Timing is everything. He waits until after the anthem to take his knee

Comment

imo we live in a "me first" society.....

they dont have the patience to watch a full 12 rounds.

They want the quick action....

think about it....

fast money, fast cars, fast women....etc

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Sure they could talk about it more, but they won't. Not enough people care about boxing to really cover it like they do NFL,NBA,MLB.
                      They don't cover it for people to care.
                      ESPN stays on most bars and barbershops. They're not gonna change the station because they're covering a sport someone may not like. That channel stays put.

Comment

Working...
                      X