Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walters vs Marriaga- do any of you guys smell an upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the guy in question? I have to ask as I am a bit confused as to why people think he has a chance.

He is rubbish. Walters probably bombs him out in a single round.

Comment

Yeah been thinking about it! If Walters is having any weight issues and struggles to make 126...Marriaga will make him PAY!

Not to over hype him but he looks like a bigger version of Roman Gonzalez lol
      Last edited by sicko; 05-28-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

It should be a firefight while it lasts which might not be too long

There's really the unknown of Marriaga in terms of can he take a punch or 3 bcse he will , if he can and doesn't get blown out early Walters will have to show his class

Marriaga isn't going to skirt around the perimeter potshotting he's coming at Walters and will throw to the head and body

Good fight looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Is this the guy in question? I have to ask as I am a bit confused as to why people think he has a chance.

He is rubbish. Walters probably bombs him out in a single round.
          The first fight Marriaga had foot issues w/slippery ring there's a 2nd part where he changes shoes inbetween rounds and KO's the guy plus those are older fights the Martin fight is his last

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
            The first fight Marriaga had foot issues w/slippery ring there's a 2nd part where he changes shoes inbetween rounds and KO's the guy plus those are older fights the Martin fight is his last

There is a lot more wrong than foot issues going on there. Who is Martin? Some journeyman that flattered him?
            Its glaringly obvious he is terrible. Looks like he might have some pop but everything else is a mess.

Walters can't miss with that big right hand or anything for that matter. I'm honestly shocked that this guy has got a title shot. I'd be surprised if he could cut it at a good domestic level.

His jab is sloppy as hell and comes back way too low. He carries far too much weight on his backfoot. He gets on an opponents chest and keeps his head dead center in fact he doesn't move his head at all or move off after he is done throwing.
            Honestly this guy isn't seeing past a few rounds, could be as early as 1 and in noway, shape or form will he be even remotely competitive with Walters or Lomachenko or any top fighter at or around the weight. He simply isn't anywhere near world level. He is terrible.

Comment

Nah, Marriaga isn't any good

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                There is a lot more wrong than foot issues going on there. Who is Martin? Some journeyman that flattered him?
                Its glaringly obvious he is terrible. Looks like he might have some pop but everything else is a mess.

Walters can't miss with that big right hand or anything for that matter. I'm honestly shocked that this guy has got a title shot. I'd be surprised if he could cut it at a good domestic level.

His jab is sloppy as hell and comes back way too low. He carries far too much weight on his backfoot. He gets on an opponents chest and keeps his head dead center in fact he doesn't move his head at all or move off after he is done throwing.
                Honestly this guy isn't seeing past a few rounds, could be as early as 1 and in noway, shape or form will he be even remotely competitive with Walters or Lomachenko or any top fighter at or around the weight. He simply isn't anywhere near world level. He is terrible.
                He may well get blasted out early but he'll get some shots in outside Donaire who has Walters fought, Russell didn't do anything w/Martin he's a durable journeyman that Marriaga stopped.

Seems like they're reaching with this guy but not that many options and Columbians usually got power and shaky chins so I expect some decent exchanges and a nice KO. So.

Comment

This could be exactly like Lucas vs Roberto Ortiz fight. A ko artist with a padded record and steps up and gets easily KO'd.

Comment

Marriaga punches hard

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
                      He may well get blasted out early but he'll get some shots in outside Donaire who has Walters fought, Russell didn't do anything w/Martin he's a durable journeyman that Marriaga stopped.

Seems like they're reaching with this guy but not that many options and Columbians usually got power and shaky chins so I expect some decent exchanges and a nice KO. So.
                      Darchinyan. Breidis Prescott's little brother too who funnily enough is another highly flawed, limited Colombian puncher.

I'm not actually sold on Walters being so great I still think he looks limited, his jab isn't anywhere near as good as advertised and he may not have the best chin in the world. He is certainly levels above this guy though.
                      I hope to see the same but right now I feel its a completely pointless mismatch with a highly predictable outcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X