No announcement yet.

My article on Iran and the nuclear deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My article on Iran and the nuclear deal

NOT an endorsement of Iran's position...just an attempt at EXPLAINING/UNDERSTANDING it by applying some historical perspective.

Check ot out:
    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/artic...NION/150319898

Thanks for reading

A well-written, and well-researched piece. Props.

There is much ignorance in the West and bias against Iranians, predominantly fueled by the Revolution and the hostages taken in 1979, to say nothing of the anti-Iranian propaganda which followed. Of course, their last president didn't do Iran any favors with his anti-Israeli rhetoric...but that's another story.

Your write up is unbiased and all-encompassing and fair to the Iranians....and being "fair" to an unknown and perceived threat of a state is difficult and controversial.

Sir, I salute you.
    Last edited by K-DOGG; 03-11-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
      A well-written, and well-researched piece. Props.

There is much ignorance in the West and bias against Iranians, predominantly fueled by the Revolution and the hostages taken in 1979, to say nothing of the anti-Iranian propaganda which followed. Of course, their last president didn't do Iran any favors with his anti-Israeli rhetoric...but that's another story.

Your write up is unbiased and all-encompassing and fair to the Iranians....and being "fair" to an unknown and perceived threat of a state is difficult and controversial.

Sir, I salute you.
      Thanks! I've already taken a lot of heat for this piece, so your comment is really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer1590 View Post
        Thanks! I've already taken a lot of heat for this piece, so your comment is really appreciated.
        Journalism is about digging for facts and putting together a cohesive, informative, unbiased storyline which informs the public of relative "news" in such a way that they can draw their own conclusions and make intelligent choices concerning their attitudes on the subject matter.

It is not easy to do this, as we are naturally biased as individuals, which is why it is important for a journalist to filter himself constantly and stay up to speed on all angles of the latest developments.

Journalists are (good journalists) the watchdogs of society. They guard from misinformation, and propaganda. They educate the masses concerning pertinent subjects and themes of the day. They guide the common man in his opinions by giving him all of the facts, all of the points of view, and backing it up with multiple sources, so as to confirm his story and show that it is "news" and not merely an editorial.

On subject pieces, such as you have put together here, it is important to be comprehensive and truthful and well researched so you can defend any statements included herein, for the more controversial the piece, the greater the need to defend it and the facts which comprise the bedrock of the story.

The world needs good journalists to counteract all of the hacks whom have laid siege to that title over the years; the rip and write men, the lapdogs of political parties and corporations who spread propaganda and opinion pieces as if they were facts.

You have undertaken one of the most important, noble, and at the same time, one of the most underappreciated vocations in the modern world when you take on the mantle of journalist.

I wish you well. Do the job proud....follow your conscious.
        Last edited by K-DOGG; 03-11-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
          Journalism is about digging for facts and putting together a cohesive, informative, unbiased storyline which informs the public of relative "news" in such a way that they can draw their own conclusions and make intelligent choices concerning their attitudes on the subject matter.

It is not easy to do this, as we are naturally biased as individuals, which is why it is important for a journalist to filter himself constantly and stay up to speed on all angles of the latest developments.

Journalists are (good journalists) the watchdogs of society. They guard from misinformation, and propaganda. They educate the masses concerning pertinent subjects and themes of the day. They guide the common man in his opinions by giving him all of the facts, all of the points of view, and backing it up with multiple sources, so as to confirm his story and show that it is "news" and not merely an editorial.

On subject pieces, such as you have put together here, it is important to be comprehensive and truthful and well researched so you can defend any statements included herein, for the more controversial the piece, the greater the need to defend it and the facts which comprise the bedrock of the story.

The world needs good journalists to counteract all of the hacks whom have laid siege to that title over the years; the rip and write men, the lapdogs of political parties and corporations who spread propaganda and opinion pieces as if they were facts.

You have undertaken one of the most important, noble, and at the same time, one of the most underappreciated vocations in the modern world when you take on the mantle of journalist.

I wish you well. Do the job proud....follow your conscious.
          Agreed.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X