No announcement yet.

Top 5? List em.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Nas
    2. Don't make me pick between Method Man and GZA. Gun to my head, I had to choose or else I get shot. Shoot me.
    3. Guru from Gang Starr
    4. Big Daddy Kane
    5. 2Pac

Comment

Biggie
      Nas
      Eyedea
      Black Thought (The Roots)
      Andre 3000 / AZ
      Last edited by NChristo; 12-20-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

1)Nas
        2)Jay Z
        3)Big Punisher
        4)Big L
        5)Prodigy

Didn't put Big or Pac because although they were influential, they weren't my cup of tea Damn, could you imagine growing up in the Cali and bumping nothing but East Coast rap.. F#ck it.

Comment

I was tempted to include MF DOOM in my top five, but I feel mainstream exposure is one of the scoring criteria. DOOM is known worldwide, but captivating the general public is another.

He has the credentials as an MC and producer to be worthy of the title ATG in hip-hop. His list of works is impressive as well. Hundreds of hours of lyrics and hours of personal beats.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            I was tempted to include MF DOOM in my top five, but I feel mainstream exposure is one of the scoring criteria. DOOM is known worldwide, but captivating the general public is another.

He has the credentials as an MC and producer to be worthy of the title ATG in hip-hop. His list of works is impressive as well. Hundreds of hours of lyrics and hours of personal beats.
            I think you can put him in there, I disagree that mainstream exposure is necessary. Mainstream songs are generally watered down, idiotic tracks, that are built around similar bpm's and melodies that are currently trending.

Comment

1. Big Pun
              3. Notorious B.I.G
              3. Senim Silla
              4. Busta Rhymes
              5. Big L
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-22-2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
                1. Big Pun
                2. Senim Silla
                3. Busta Rhymes
                4. Mos Def
                5. Big L
                Mos Def is definitely in my top 10 ATG list. Black on Both Sides is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  Mos Def is definitely in my top 10 ATG list. Black on Both Sides is amazing.
                  I'm having a hard time narrowing it down, I had to change my list cuz I forgot about Biggie

Now they heard ya blowing up like nitro and they wanna stick the knife through your windpipe slow.

damn..

Comment

1. Notorious B.I.G
                    2. Skepta
                    3. 50 cent
                    4. Giggs
                    5. Kano

Comment

Rakim
                      KRS-ONE
                      Treach
                      Ice Cube
                      Tupac

Honarable mention: Chino XL. I think he's every bit as good as Treach as a rapper, just not as exposed.

Comment

Working...
                      X