Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Batters Gabriel Rosado In Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An offensive pressure fighter getting hit on the face? You don't say.

This is what we've come to. A professional prizefighter (an offensive minded one at that) can't even get hit cuz he sucks, overrated, exposed, etc...

Boxing fans are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
      An offensive pressure fighter getting hit on the face? You don't say.

This is what we've come to. A professional prizefighter (an offensive minded one at that) can't even get hit cuz he sucks, overrated, exposed, etc...

Boxing fans are the worst.
      He's not exactly an inept pressure fighter either. He doesn't get hit that frequently. I knew this would happen, and it's because many people thought Rosado wasn't shit. I knew he was gonna try to make it as competitive as he possibly could. GGG didn't have a horrible performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        He was getting hurt by jabs, eyes rolled back like Kellerman said. When a guy is constantly moving while barely throwing anything, you won't have much time to properly load up on your shots. The upper echelon fighters would have to actually mount an offense if they don't want to lose every round, and if they do that, they would give GGG more opportunities to do some serious damage.
        if u say so bro...I did not see exceptional timing...nor exceptional handspeed. His pwr is there but he didn't overwhelm gabby in that dept either. Look. He's a good fighter. He's not great like ur saying. Also, relying on the di*kriding telecast is not a good line of argument. It's clear HBO has an agenda based on the way they called the fights tonight. All I know is...when u talk about GGG beating guys like Canelo...& Martinez & Mayweather....you better guess again. He's not there yet....plus he generates no interest & no money. He can make fights w/ pirog & geale...& macklin & Quillin & them guys & build his profile....But he's def not ready for the big time. Where do u guys learn about boxing??? Did we watch the same show tonight? wutever...done.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          He's not exactly an inept pressure fighter either. He doesn't get hit that frequently. I knew this would happen, and it's because many people thought Rosado wasn't shit. I knew he was gonna try to make it as competitive as he possibly could. GGG didn't have a horrible performance.
          Clearly not. He's an offensive scientist much like Julio Cesar Chavez was in his prime. But he got hit in the face, dude. He sucks. At least, that's what I'm reading.

Comment

Gutsy performance from Rosado in this one, and a nice step-up in competition for GGG as well.

I still don't think Golovkin has the stuff to beat Martinez (assuming that Sergio's knee heals well), but he could be a great #2 guy in the division until Sergio hangs 'em up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
              Clearly not. He's an offensive scientist much like Julio Cesar Chavez was in his prime. But he got hit in the face, dude. He sucks. At least, that's what I'm reading.
              I think people are reading into his stylistic flaws a little too much. He fights exactly like we would expect a pressure fighter to. All his punches have "PAIN" written on them, he can cut off the ring, he has a killer instinct. Unlike bad pressure fighters, he throws with proper technique, has good balance and picks his spots well.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I think people are reading into his stylistic flaws a little too much. He fights exactly like we would expect a pressure fighter to. All his punches have "PAIN" written on them, he can cut off the ring, he has a killer instinct. Unlike bad pressure fighters, he throws with proper technique, has good balance and picks his spots well.
                Exactly! His footwork is great, too. Even Ward mentioned this saying how his feet are always shifting or something along those lines. And he's probably the best fighter in Boxing at cutting off the ring at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                  if u say so bro...I did not see exceptional timing...nor exceptional handspeed. His pwr is there but he didn't overwhelm gabby in that dept either. Look. He's a good fighter. He's not great like ur saying. Also, relying on the di*kriding telecast is not a good line of argument. It's clear HBO has an agenda based on the way they called the fights tonight. All I know is...when u talk about GGG beating guys like Canelo...& Martinez & Mayweather....you better guess again. He's not there yet....plus he generates no interest & no money. He can make fights w/ pirog & geale...& macklin & Quillin & them guys & build his profile....But he's def not ready for the big time. Where do u guys learn about boxing??? Did we watch the same show tonight? wutever...done.
                  Kellerman wasn't riding GGG's dick, he was actually criticizing him for not being as dominant as usual. It's not about having exceptional timing or handspeed, it's about the whole offensive package. Guys like Canelo? He's one of my favorite fighters but he hasn't beaten anybody to be considered true elite like Floyd and Sergio. Not to mention GGG already got the best of him in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
                    Still not convinced bout G. More polished 160-168 fighters demolish him. Rosado solid pro. with mad heart not enough experience.
                    This.

I look forward to Rosado and double G's next fight.

Comment

GG again very impressive despite the bout with the flu. He would have gotten rid of Rosado MUCH earlier IF he had gone to the body more. The few times he did, Rosado showed it hurt him. GGG can be explosive to the body and should work on that part of his game more. Future superstar..

D

Comment

Working...
                      X