No announcement yet.

Insider Notebook: Mayweather-Mosley Goal, Vazquez Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pugay_kamay View Post
    Yes of course he did. It's like daylight robbery! I think Marquez camp opted not to cry about it since its almost fight night. They went around the technicalities of the contract in order for Floyd to pursue his bad intentions of not coming to the agreed weight as stipulated on the original contract.
    But the Original contract essentially said:

"fight is at 147. However, if either fighter weighs over 144, then they have to pay a weight penalty for each pound"

That is like me saying:

"The chicken bucket comes with four pieces of white meat. If you want additional breasts, you have to pay an extra $1.99"

That isn't cheating. That is adhering to the terms of the contract. Floyd said in June "I'm not weighing 144. i weigh what I weigh".

Comment

i see berto mosly turning out to be taylor - hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
        But the Original contract essentially said:

"fight is at 147. However, if either fighter weighs over 144, then they have to pay a weight penalty for each pound"

That is like me saying:

"The chicken bucket comes with four pieces of white meat. If you want additional breasts, you have to pay an extra $1.99"

That isn't cheating. That is adhering to the terms of the contract. Floyd said in June "I'm not weighing 144. i weigh what I weigh".
        technically floyd didn't cheat, but he violated teh spirit of fair competition...

floyd stacked teh deck against jmm and to add insult to injury he purposefully and intended all along not to make 144 lbs..

so did he cheat? yes. he cheated jmm of a fair fight, he cheated the ppv buyers of their money, he cheated hbo of their money....

floyd robbed everyone who paid to watch this mismatch.

Comment

That is Bull..****!!! Of course Marquez and his team were not about to make a huge deal over Mayweather's weight. $600,000 penalty my ass. There was more money and corruption involved with this fight then they are saying. You heard Shaffer say that Mayweather and Golden Boy have been associates before in big money fights. Those ****ers robbed Marquez and paid him to shut his mouth. Disappointment in Marquez for that but what could he do? It was fight night for god's sake. Rib injury my balls in Floyds mouth. He could not make the weight so they postponed the fight and he still could not make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkeyez View Post
            That is Bull..****!!! Of course Marquez and his team were not about to make a huge deal over Mayweather's weight. $600,000 penalty my ass. There was more money and corruption involved with this fight then they are saying. You heard Shaffer say that Mayweather and Golden Boy have been associates before in big money fights. Those ****ers robbed Marquez and paid him to shut his mouth. Disappointment in Marquez for that but what could he do? It was fight night for god's sake. Rib injury my balls in Floyds mouth. He could not make the weight so they postponed the fight and he still could not make weight.
            shut up.....marquez made the most money he has ever made in his career, for a fight he had no chance at winning from the beginning....whether may came in at 147, 144, or 134.....

dude was thoroughly beaten. had mayweather bullied him, and KO'ed him on 1 round, you might have an argument about the weight, but mayweather went 12 rounds and couldn't be touched....he outskilled marquez, and that has nothing to do with weight, like the article stated.

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
              shane is smart....he chose berto to prepare for floyd.. berto's a good comparison to see how shane goes against floyd
              I disagree floyds has considerably better reach and he's more slick among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
                shut up.....marquez made the most money he has ever made in his career, for a fight he had no chance at winning from the beginning....whether may came in at 147, 144, or 134.....

dude was thoroughly beaten. had mayweather bullied him, and KO'ed him on 1 round, you might have an argument about the weight, but mayweather went 12 rounds and couldn't be touched....he outskilled marquez, and that has nothing to do with weight, like the article stated.
                pbf was too big.... jmm couldn't hurt him. also jmm didn't carry the weight well.

that's how floyd used the weight advantage. you don't have to muscle your opponent to use your weight.

Comment

bottom line is mayweather beat a small man,period

Comment

I hope the WBC doesn't strip Berto, because if Mosley doesn't unify another title Mayweather will not fight him for sure. And then we have to worry about Mosley getting stuck with a pointless mandatory against a guy he already beat in Collazo. I don't think Mayweather will fight Mosley regardless but at least Shane unifying will make it a little more possible. Berto is in over his head if he decides to fight Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
                      shane is smart....he chose berto to prepare for floyd.. berto's a good comparison to see how shane goes against floyd
                      SSM does not need to tune-up with Berto in order to prepare for Mayweather. Are we kidding ourselves? Mosley is taking this fight because the three marquee fighters, and you know who they are, refuses to fight him. Because of his insistence on fighting two of the three he has been forced into a year-long layoff. There is no doubt in my mind that SSM will dispose of the inexperience Berto, only to be rebuffed by the Mayweather camp again because of the way SSM will brutally silence Berto. Mayweather simply does not want the fight. SSM vs MW is a HUGH PPV fight of the highest caliber and would generate massive interest and massive revenue to satisfy all of MW's demands. But it is not a matter of economics that concerns the MW camp, never has, it has always been about the threat that SSM (even at the ripe age of 38) poses to him. MW will do all of the hee andhawing he can muster publicly to get out of taking the fight. And sadly, the boxing media and public alike will continue to allow him to make million more dollars on PPV fighting against no-hopers and inferiors fighters again and again. For the real boxing purists, the only true fight is between SSM and MW. Both would easily disposed of a too-small PacMan. But I think we can forget about Pac with any of them because Pac will soon realize that fighting a real welterweight in Cotto will not be the same as fighting an over-the-hill, weight drained DLH and over-rated Hatton. However, if by some hugh miracle that the fight between SSM and MW were to come-off, SSM take him out in brutal fashion--and you can count on it!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X