Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Cancels "The Contender"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That show made boxing look bad. I never liked it.

Comment

Another network will pick it up....Maybe Versus,HBO,SHO or Fox sports.

Comment

Contender/Ultimate Fighter Probs

I dunno while I like seeing the full fights on UF .. the whole in house activity reminds me a bit too much of MTV's Road rules .. or Real Life

as for The Contender, IMO the shows just gotta cut the whole slow motion and the dramatic music during the fights

it's really over dramatized and I personally find it dumb as **** to see a SLOWWWW MOTIOOOOON of 2 fighters missing punches.

Comment

I'm putting down my imaginary bet on Versus picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
            I'm putting down my imaginary bet on Versus picking it up.

I think it may wind up on either Versus or Spike. They're trying to appeal to that demographic.

Comment

Possibly an indication that ESPN is moving away from boxing.

Comment

I liked the idea of the show but I felt that they didn't really focus much on the training/nutrition/habits of all the boxers, I'm more interested in that stuff than anything else happening in the show. I would like for the show to find another network but if it goes off the air I'm really not going to miss it much.

Comment

Wherever it is I will watch it.

People say HBO trumps Showtime, but where else can you watch ShoBox which actually pits viable contenders against each other?

It happens to an extent on The Contender, but surely not on FNF.

i just think HBO wins by default because I assume Showtime isn't on a lot of people's packages without an extra fee.

If they could put guys on ShoBox in a Contender type show, they'd do all right.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey gomez View Post
                    Possibly an indication that ESPN is moving away from boxing.
                    Like someone else pointed out, it sounded like ESPN wanted the show but they wanted more money, If ESPN cancelled Friday Night Fight and Classic Ringside I would think they are moving away from boxing.

Comment

Never watched a full episode. I only saw some of the fights, which always had sound effects and that stupid music in the background. Wat the hell was that about?

Comment

Working...
                      X