Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He talked the talk but lost to a guy he was supposed to dominate.

Remember the brits put big money on him to win, regardless of the fact that they dislike arrogant *******s. They fully expected him to put on a clinic against Groves.

He'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I agree that he's not treated well by the fans, it's got nothing to do with race though. Khan, Hatton and Haye prove that race isn't important.

Amir Khan is also an arrogant b@stard like DeGale, but unlike DeGale he didn't bring home the gold. Despite that, Khan has a pretty strong fan-base while DeGale doesn't...strange. All DeGale has to do is get himself a better trainer.
      To be fair Khan has a big Asian following in the UK, so that helps bump up his support, after he got ko'd by prescott i remember listening to some phone-ins and people were ringing in happy about him losing!!.. so i don't agree that he has a massive white following to be honest, it's decent but nowhere near Hatton's imo.

Comment

He's just too cocky to be liked. People want him to loose because before the fight has even started, he believes he's already the winner. His defeat against Groves will not help him a lot to get more fans, but if he realizes after this fight that he's not the best, that he needs to improve, and that he should be more modest, fans will not boo him when he enters the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
          They don't follow him as much as they followed Hatton though!! .. and two of Haye's biggest fights in his career WERE ABROAD and the following wasn't that massive.
          Hatton's appeal was unique in a lot of ways, due to his down to earth, likable personality, his good sense of humour, his penchant for having a drink between fights, etc.

Neither Khan, Haye or Degale are likely to ever achieve his following, but it's not necessarily for race reasons. Calazaghe and Froch, both white fighters with exciting styles, can't touch Hatton in terms of popularity either.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
            Yeah, but you're an idiot who's never boxed (I can tell by your awful posts on the sport that the only thing you've ever done with your 'south paw' is wank with it), so you don't understand what I'm talking about when I refer to the gulf in standards between coaching/preparation in the US and the UK.

I mean, Groves himself worked in the US for part of his prep for this fight, to his benefit.
            Harsh. But you're the sort I'm talking about.

Well at home with the Toneys and Hopkins sorts who spout personal insulting cack from their mouths and the Yank fans lap it up like they've just conducted an orchestra.
            I never once said anything about the training standards, I was talking about the differences in nature between Brit and Yank fight fans.
            Last edited by Southpaw Stinger; 05-21-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
              Also, I believe he stops Groves in an immediate rematch. He doesn't have to go outside of the UK to win - just some more urgency and aggression tonight would have done it, because he was actually breaking Groves down and finished the stronger fighter.

I doubt he'd make the same mistake again.
              The reality is - Degale isn't the sublime boxer we all thought.

Degale mentality has to be questioned IMO. Groves wanted to win this fight more from what I saw.

I'm not sold on Degale being this world beater. I think he's been vastly overated and it's got to his head too. Things aren't bright for Degale at the moment.

Comment

...and the olympic gold medalist (and better prospect than Groves) got robbed too!!
                Yeah clear robbery, the fight wasn't close at all. I had it 12-0 to DeGale, how about yourself?

Comment

They don't follow him as much as they followed Hatton though!! .. and two of Haye's biggest fights in his career WERE ABROAD and the following wasn't that massive.
                  They don't follow Froch like they do hatton either. it's not ****ing racism, it's his character. (i wanted degale to win btw)

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                    The reality is - Degale isn't the sublime boxer we all thought.

Degale mentality has to be questioned IMO. Groves wanted to win this fight more from what I saw.

I'm not sold on Degale being this world beater. I think he's been vastly overated and it's got to his head too. Things aren't bright for Degale at the moment.
                    I'm not ready to write him off yet. Okay, he has his flaws, but a combination of the pressure (which he partially put on himself), the step up in class and maybe a record of slightly flattering opposition thus far just took their toll. Groves obviously entered the ring as the more prepared man, training-wise, career-wise and attitude-wise.

It's an old cliche, but maybe DeGale will be better off for this early loss, and maybe he can avenge it somewhere down the line. Groves looked better than I thought he could tonight, but I still feel that DeGale has a higher ceiling of potential thanks to his athletic gifts.

He was never gonna be a real Andre Ward-esque world beater, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                      Yeah clear robbery, the fight wasn't close at all. I had it 12-0 to DeGale, how about yourself?

And Groves CLEARLY won the fight right?

deluded prat!!

Comment

Working...
                      X