Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch always complaining about his fights not being televised in Britain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere that the boss of Sky Sports made a promise that Froch's next fight will be televised, after being impressed with his performance against Abe.

Ah, here we go http://www.cable.co.uk/news/sky-spor...hts-800266533/

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Are his fights really not televised at all in the UK? That would be amazing to me. He's an exciting fighter with a solid resume, a world title, and a big mouth. How is he not anywhere near as popular as Calzaghe?
      This is a great question, I'm from the U.K and I can comfortably say that Froch is not that popular with casual fans he's not a star here. Khan and Haye are both bigger stars in the U.K and personally I think that's a shame.

For what ever reason the media have not really got behind him yet they will continually hype other sports personality's who have not achieved as much as Carl.

David Haye was a contender for sports personality of the year in 2010 yet all he did was beat an old John Ruiz and Audley Harrison to me its a total joke.

its about time people in the U.K gave Froch the recognition he has earned.

Comment

There was a long conversation about this in a thread recently.

Two Americans concluded that Carl Froch simply doesn't have the necessary wow-factors to be a domestic star in the UK.

**sNiCkEr**

Comment

dont blame him,he should be on sky tv all the time,feel sorry for him

he would of had a lot more fans if his last 6 fights were on skysports

warrrrrrrrr frochhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Didnt Fat Mick say after the Pascal fight that Froch was to big a star for ITV, but then he could get Sky to show the Taylor fight so he had to go back to ITV. Then after that ITV pulled the plug and Froch was forced onto a channel no one has.

Comment

Isnt this the same place where Audley Harrison is famous Froch fights Pascal,Taylor,Dirrell,Abraham and now Johnson coming up and he cant get on British television ?

Comment

Didn't Mick Hennessy/Froch ask for too much money from ITV & Sky for the Taylor fight (i think) and they turned him down, leaving Prime Time showing it? Since then Sky and ITV have refused to deal with him.

Comment

Probably because of the way he acted to Calzaghe, Khan and some other British guys.

We don't like that over here, you got to support your own or it alienates you.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Are his fights really not televised at all in the UK? That would be amazing to me. He's an exciting fighter with a solid resume, a world title, and a big mouth. How is he not anywhere near as popular as Calzaghe?
                    hes not as popular as calzaghe was cuz joe was well liked and froch was calling him out on a regular basis after he beat robin reid by ko, reid took calzaghe to a S.D,yeah it was a few years earlier but was still a great win for froch...i still think calzaghe knew froch was too strong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      Probably because of the way he acted to Calzaghe, Khan and some other British guys.

We don't like that over here, you got to support your own or it alienates you.
                      You would think that people would want to watch to see him lose then.

Comment

Working...
                      X