Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo v Willie Monroe Jr Nov 17?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermall Charlo v Willie Monroe Jr Nov 17?

I'm seeing reports from a few other places of Jermall Charlo facing of against Willie Monroe Jr on November 17. And Julian Williams on the undercard vs Takeshi Inuoe in an IBF Eliminator.

But I just don't see Charlo-Monroe as a headlining fight (unless the card is in Houston.) This is probably where the Leo Santa-Cruz, Gary Russell Jr. match comes back into play.

Leo did say a few weeks ago that he's fighting in November.

Heard that. Sounds like a duck to me. Hoping to get Canelo stripped instead of going to purse bids.

Comment

Great FS1 card

Comment

I don't see anything anywhere about this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I don't see anything anywhere about this fight
          On another boxing website and youtube.
          May just be a rumor tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Heard that. Sounds like a duck to me. Hoping to get Canelo stripped instead of going to purse bids.
            how can you get someone stripped without them being offered a purse bid? youre not making any sense.

Comment

I think they're just waiting on the WBCs ruling which will probably come out at the beginning of October.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                how can you get someone stripped without them being offered a purse bid? youre not making any sense.
                Why are PBC planning a card when Canelo says hes coming back in December? Surely the priority should be getting Canelo, not some nonsense card with Monroe

Comment

Huh? Have I missed something in that the WBC called the purse bid for the fight? Do you really think Charlo wouldn't want that fight? He's going to need to stay busy in the mean time until WBC orders that fight, and it won't happen until May of 2019 at the earliest.

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                    X