Video: Why Floyd stalled Khan out and never fought him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Why Floyd stalled Khan out and never fought him

https://youtu.be/FpvG8FxXIqQ

Admittedly, my memory could be failing me. When exactly would a Khan fight have been a bigger fight than the fights Mayweather was fighting? Seems like during Khan's prime, Mayweather was fighting a lot of big names. If you only fight once or twice a year, or frequently retire, you're not going to be able to fight everybody.

When Khan moved to welterweight, wasn't Mayweather busy fighting Maidana? Was there anybody at the time that viewed Khan as a bigger threat than Maidana? Maidana was a world champion, Khan was a silver champion. I'm not going to fault Mayweather for fighting Maidana instead of Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF WBO View Post
      Admittedly, my memory could be failing me. When exactly would a Khan fight have been a bigger fight than the fights Mayweather was fighting? Seems like during Khan's prime, Mayweather was fighting a lot of big names. If you only fight once or twice a year, or frequently retire, you're not going to be able to fight everybody.

When Khan moved to welterweight, wasn't Mayweather busy fighting Maidana? Was there anybody at the time that viewed Khan as a bigger threat than Maidana? Maidana was a world champion, Khan was a silver champion. I'm not going to fault Mayweather for fighting Maidana instead of Khan.

Khan whooped Maidana, and Floyd got scared.

Prime Khan had all the tools to beat Floyd, and Floyd knew it that’s why he ducked.
      Khan was better than Guerrero and Ortiz and Maidana.
      Truth hurts kid, I know.

Comment

Pacquiao did the same thing. Pac turds forgetting about that?

Results of Pacquiao’s Twitter Poll:
        Amir Khan 48%
        Kell Brook 24%
        Terrence Crawford 21%
        Jeff Horn 7%

So not only did Pacquiao duck Khan but Brook and Crawford also. He then ducked a Horn rematch after he got beat.

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-01-2020, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Pacquiao did the same thing. Pac turds forgetting about that?

Results of Pacquiao’s Twitter Poll:
          Amir Khan 48%
          Kell Brook 24%
          Terrence Crawford 21%
          Jeff Horn 7%

So not only did Pacquiao duck Khan but Brook and Crawford also. He then ducked a Horn rematch after he got beat.

Huh? What?

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
            Huh? What?
            Oh you didn't know Pacquiao asked his fans on twitter to pick his next opponent and then he picked the guy with 7% of the vote? Then lost to him.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY
              Dont remember that. Can you provide the link to back up this claim.

Ill wait .....
              https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/38954084

Comment

I looked it up on another site. You're 100% right. I never saw that poll. But it is the same thing Floyd did as well lol nobody can argue that
                Last edited by PAC-BOY; 02-01-2020, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Why was Khan the most avoided fighter at hat time ...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Why was Khan the most avoided fighter at hat time ...
                    Only punchers beat Khan, otherwise Khan outboxes everyone and Floyd knew this

Comment

Working...
                    X