Is PBC a cult? "I pulled my energy from my melanin" says Gary Russell Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PBC a cult? "I pulled my energy from my melanin" says Gary Russell Jr

Source: https://youtu.be/1C32ekVa6-U?t=79

"I pull my energy from my ethnicity. If you pay attention to any sport thats out here, pay attention to the ethnicity that's actually dominating. I pulled my energy from my melanin. The people that don't understand that or know that word, you might want to google it."
    I've seen people speculate that PBC is a cult for years, whenever weird stuff comes out, but more and more stuff like this has come out recently. Do you guys think it gives more weight to people's opinions who have been calling it a cult the whole time, or do you think they're wrong and quotes like this from PBC fighters don't change that? Please share your opinion.

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

I've seen people speculate that PBC is a cult for years,
    No, you haven't. You're just another loser who cares more about promotions than actual boxers. Just like you failed to focus on what a weird ass GRJr is with that quote and instead deflected it to a promotion.

In fact, if you were paying attention to actual boxers, you'd have noticed years ago that GRJr is known for saying weird stuff.

Comment

#melaninpower

Comment

That melanin didn't help against Loma . But Loma's IQ comes from no melanin and his ethnicity.
        Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 05-19-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Easy to put up with Russell's stupid **** because he's just gonna disappear for a year again now and not bother anyone

Comment

So that explains the warrior dance of African natives in the intro.
            Melanin power doe.

Comment

It is somewhat of a cult, a shady cult leader who overpays fighters and has basically slave contracts where they openly have to claim that they are "free", but the truth is that they are just very well paid slaves to Haymon who burned through over $500m of investors money in a short time frame to make sure his fighters will not leave.

Basically all of Haymon A side fighters are black, and whenever they face a white opponent, you can be sure that the white fighter is treated like **** and will get robbed on the cards, as we have seen with Korobov twice lately and of course with Tyson Fury.

The case of GRJ is also very special, he fights once a year on always basically the same dates, every May, and then disappears for another 12 months, he has the perfect PED cycle down, he is roiding up for 9-10 months and get in perfect shape since he knows exactly when he will fight again.

He started this "venture" after the loss to Lomachenko.

Those are GRJs last 5 fights:

March 2015
              April 2016
              May 2017
              May 2018
              May 2019

Comment

That is just some new age BS.

It's a belief that you get energy from the melanin in your skin, which is directly from the sun. The more melanin you have (darker the complexion) the more energy you produce.

It took 2 second to google that.

You can run with PBC is a cult if it makes you feel better.

Comment

Why does this threaten or upset you enough to make a post? it's not as if he said anything negative about any other race is it? You **** bigot.

Comment

I know PBC promotes Hispanic and White fighters like Mexican Americans, Mexicans, Puerto Rican, White American (Plant or Smith Jr.), European, Asian, etc....

But “PBC” on the downlow could quite possibly be “Premiere Black Champions.” Hard to know... nothing wrong with it either. Haymon never shows his face, his meetings might be spiritual with racial connotations that inspire African American fighters.

Many PBC diehard fans also, and maybe even industry, say that GBP is biased to Mexicanism or Latino Boxing... therefore why can’t PBC be geared towards black American fighters
                    Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 05-19-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X