No announcement yet.

Golovkin's top 5 wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin's top 5 wins

So, which 5 wins do you consider to be Golovkin's top 5 wins? My list goes something like this:

1: Kell Brook. Golovkin took a lot of brutal punishment in this fight (that uppercut in particular! yikes!) but still kept on going, like a true warrior. This is what I regard as Golovkin's best win for the simple reason that he proved his ability to absorb damage in this fight. He got a good chin.

2: Martin Murray. He moved up to supermiddleweight and did somewhat okay, at least he didn't become a journeyman. Beating Murray at 160 is not a feat that we would expect others from the weak middleweight division to be capable of (except Saunders, Canelo, Andrade and Jacobs). Golovkin also proved in this fight that he can stay on the offensive for the late rounds, even if his opponent seems relatively unharmed by his punches.

3: David Lemieux. If anything, he punches hard.

4: Curtis Stevens. If anything, he punches hard.

5: Daniel Geale. He is a slight cut above the remaining guys Golovkin fought.

I do not count the Jacobs fight as a win for Golovkin. It is fair if you feel otherwise, but to me, he lost that fight by close decision, so I can't add Jacobs to his top 5 wins (although he certainly would be his best win if you counted it as a win).

You forgot the win against canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
      You forgot the win against canelo.
      I regarded that as a loss as well. Golovkin was just following him around and jabbing, barely connecting with anything relevant, while Canelo constantly punished him with hard punches to the head. I saw it as a clear Canelo win and so did everyone I was watching the fight with.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnex View Post
        I regarded that as a loss as well. Golovkin was just following him around and jabbing, barely connecting with anything relevant, while Canelo constantly punished him with hard punches to the head. I saw it as a clear Canelo win and so did everyone I was watching the fight with.
        People, do not feed this degenerated troll.

Comment

1. Jacobs (Very close decision, first top level opponent GGG had faced)
          2. Brook (WW but was undefeated and gave GGG a tough fight)
          3. Lemieux ( Huge puncher but very one dimensional)
          4. Geale (Former unified champ but only significant win was SD over old Felix Sturm)
          5. Monroe Jr. (Decent boxer, only other losses were to BJS and the GOAT journeyman Darnell Boone)

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            1. Jacobs (Very close decision, first top level opponent GGG had faced)
            2. Brook (WW but was undefeated and gave GGG a tough fight)
            3. Lemieux ( Huge puncher but very one dimensional)
            4. Geale (Former unified champ but only significant win was SD over old Felix Sturm)
            5. Monroe Jr. (Decent boxer, only other losses were to BJS and the GOAT journeyman Darnell Boone)
            That list is not completely stupid, even if I disagree with the Jacobs decision.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              People, do not feed this degenerated troll.
              Many people had Canelo winning.

Comment

His resume is not good at all, but he can only face who is put in front of him..his top 5 wins are far from impressive and nothing to write home about

Comment

Canelo landed the majority of the harder and more telling punches. Unless you value jabs the same as power punches then a draw or a close Canelo win isn't unreasonable. I had it 6-6, the same as the Jacobs fight.

Comment

10% of the total boxing world.

Comment

Working...
                    X