Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Confirms Removal, Will No Longer Call ESPN Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know about you guys but I am just excited to see Espn really backing and putting money behind Top Rank on Espn. 18 cards in the first year and Im hoping it turns into even more like a fight every 2 weeks like Ufc. For years weve been talking on here about how great Pbc was for trying to put boxing back on free t.v. and now that Top Rank has done it and is putting on some great fights on cable boxing is finally coming back as a mainstream sport thanks to Top Rank and the Bobfather. Pbc fighters will be forced to fight on Top Rank cards on Espn or fight once a year or every other year on Showtime.

Comment

• What a stupid move by espn, OMG...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Boxing broadcasts have a play-by-play guy (Tessitore), expert analyst (Bradley or Ward), and color guy (Atlas, now Kriegel).

Kriegel is Atlas's replacement.
        Dont you understand that the main reason Teddy was removed was due to his on air beratement of kriegel? The article even says kriegel was hired on as an addition. Teddy was the expert analyst my man

Comment

• Originally posted by minemax View Post
          What a stupid move by espn, OMG...
          It was actually a great move, it seems like he has great knowledge and experience in boxing which is useful in analysis but during the fight is not the time to be an ego maniac mr. Tough guy know it all. People have been getting annoyed eith teddy for years

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
            Dont you understand that the main reason Teddy was removed was due to his on air beratement of kriegel? The article even says kriegel was hired on as an addition. Teddy was the expert analyst my man
            No, experienced pro boxers do the expert analysis. RJJ, Hopkins, Ward on HBO. Previously Foreman, Lewis. Malignaggi on Showtime. Previously Tarver. Bradley and Ward have done it on ESPN.

Atlas does color. Same as Kellerman or Bernstein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigar View Post
              This has been a long time coming. ESPN boxing will be better (and more watchable) for it.
              Uh, hello... Kriegel is basically his replacement. Tell us how THAT is better, friend.

Comment

• Atlas' emotion is what rekindled my love of boxing. People here talking about "when Teddy thinks he's right". The fact is, he usually is right. Sad to see espn shelve him for Kriegal who takes 12 words to say what could be said in 4.
                Last edited by Cybervato74; 12-14-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Big ego, too much shouting and saliva spitting, mispronouncing Lomachenko and other difficult names.. and he had the nerve of threatening Iron Mike at gunpoint one time

Good riddance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    Atlas knows boxing. You know scratching your ass and working at Subway.

Stay in your fking lane.
                    I dont bother with keyboard warrior nonsense these days, I'm pass that, but lets hope the good people who moderate this forum will do what's right and proper and ban you which is the only real solution for those on your below basic level. We are pretty sure this is one of your many accounts on this forum, no doubt you need as many alts as possible.
                    Last edited by Code Red; 12-14-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Even though I think he's off the deep-end atm, he was right in the Horn fiasco. He spoke too openly about corruption and it cost him. I think they had enough at that point and was looking to put a nail in the coffin.

Comment

Working...
                      X