Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatching Cotto Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a lot of reporters who always find an excuse for a fighter that Floyd beats. They bring up the, he was struggling to make weight, he moved up, he was having marital problems, he had promotional problems, he had a long lay off, he was too young and so on. Yet they make it seem like Floyd is invisible and never has stuff going on with him. Floyd fought Cotto while sick and having to turn himself in to jail a month later, and yet when out there and beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
      Sergio had one fuking leg. He lost to trout yet gave Floyd one of his toughest fights with the same trainer. Styles make fights surely you know that.

Sergio was a dead man walking. Which he could barely even do
      Sergio had a bum leg, yes, but acting as if Cotto was beating on a Resident Evil Zombie-like muhfucca is an overblown narrative.

Sergio was like a -200 favorite going into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        You could at least lay down the dick sucking for awhile. Everyone and his mother knows Cotto trained himself in that fight.
        Only people who suck dick is your grandmother, sister, father , grandfather, and your ugly ass wig wearing mother. Dont come at me with that new era fŕg talk. Only fŕggets talk about other men sucking dick.

Comment

Damn good fight. One of the best fights from both fighters. Cotto brought out the dog in Floyd. Made him fight every minute of every round and Floyd was up to the challenge.

Comment

Good fight, they both brought it that night.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
              I'm keeping it a buck, you can believe whatever makes you feel better. He put 2 of his 3 worst performances of his career with Pedro Diaz, and the muhfucca wasn't even listening to him in the Trout fight nor using his best punches. Roach revived his career.

revived his career how? it's easy to look good against weak opposition.

cotto fought 1 legged Sergio, delvin rodriguez, geale, kameigai, and now ali.

the only live guy he fought was canelo and he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                I was in the crowd that night and really enjoyed it. It surprised me how many people around me that night had cotto winning because I thought Floyd won quite comfortably. When the big screen showed Floyd's nose was bleeding the crowd went nuts.
                Yea, I was there too and remember that. Alotta fans where yelling fixed fight after the results. I had it 9-3. The bloody nose between rounds got everyone riled up in the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  Watching floyds fights are always better after the second and third time. You really get a feel for how much he makes guys miss. You think a lot of his fights are close the first time then you watch them again like, “that guy didn’t touch Floyd at all” and Floyd peppers them at well
                  This is what turned me around on Floyd and made me give him his dues. It appears much more competitive than it is until you rewatch and see how he was controlling distance/making misses and how his super fast shots that you don't even really see or pay attention to first time round or think were not full punches can be seen to actually be very good and sharp. Many of the things I thought were close actually weren't on rewatch (Canelo mid rounds, Hatton first rounds etc). It's hard not to respect him if you appreciate boxing at all. And I ****ing hated him for years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                    This is what turned me around on Floyd and made me give him his dues. It appears much more competitive than it is until you rewatch and see how he was controlling distance/making misses and how his super fast shots that you don't even really see or pay attention to first time round or think were not full punches can be seen to actually be very good and sharp. Many of the things I thought were close actually weren't on rewatch (Canelo mid rounds, Hatton first rounds etc). It's hard not to respect him if you appreciate boxing at all. And I ****ing hated him for years lol.
                    Green k for being a fan of the sport and KNOW WHAT THE **** YOURE TALKING ABOUT.

Comment

First fight I watched at a movie theater. Such a fun one and luckily it made up for Canelo beating on a shell of Sugar Shane on the undercard. I honestly expected Cotto to be competitive early and then for Floyd to take over badly down the stretch. Obviously Floyd won it wide enough but he had to earn that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X