Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A. Joshua interview on Sways Universe, talks Jack Johnson influence, Wilder, Miller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    You have high expectations, I was impressed, I think most people would be, including rappers. He's a boxer dude.
    Nah I don't have high expectations, I just thought it was bad that's all. Wasn't expecting him to be any good to be honest, I was right. Good thing he is a tremendous boxer. I honestly wouldn't do any better than he did

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Cool story Laced
      just chiming in

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        just chiming in
        They said Garcia and Floyd rapped there as well. Gonna check out those vids

Comment

Nah I don't have high expectations, I just thought it was bad that's all. Wasn't expecting him to be any good to be honest, I was right. Good thing he is a tremendous boxer. I honestly wouldn't do any better than he did
          Thats kind of my point...I couldn't either, and I think 90% of the general public couldn't do better...why I was impressed. Thats generally how you decide if someone is good or bad at something isn't it? If you're comparing him to rappers than yes he is bad.

Comment

Though you cut it off though?

Comment

I don't know how I feel about AJ talking boxing history when just the other week he was saying, 'The lineal title? What's that?'

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                Though you cut it off though?
                Yeah, the first few bars told me I didn't need to listen to anymore. Just watched Garcia's as well, got through the first few bars and cut it off

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                  I don't know how I feel about AJ talking boxing history when just the other week he was saying, 'The lineal title? What's that?'
                  He's right, the lineal title is a joke. If Wilder or Joshua should get Lennox out of retirement and become the real lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    Stfu you wilder turd

Yes Haymon could rustle up 50m, we all KNOW that.

The problem was he was "offered" 50m and had to agree before seeing a contract or any terms and winkle refused a meeting unless they agreed

that's the issue you stupid idiot
                    That wasn't even the issue tbh, I think they sent an offer and contract, but yes they were not prepared to discuss it in any form, they wanted a "yes", honestly I think it was a legit offer but also a PR move...as in if Hearn and Joshua are stupid enough to accept this then hey we move forward, but otherwise he looks bad. The offer was never realistic from a lot of different points of view Joshua sums it up:

So, let’s say that fifty million we talked about. Listen, it’s a hell of a lot of money and it was an honour to even have that number thrown at me!

“But then when you dissected it and what it actually it was, it was kind of like a rights fee – ‘We own you for this amount of money’.

“The issue I had was that I’ve got long-standing contracts in place with certain partnerships. So you may put that money forward and think that you own me 100% but you may only own 50% so that makes their 50% worth 25%.

“So when you start getting into the intricacies of a contract and what the real value is, that’s when that starts taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      Stfu you wilder turd

Yes Haymon could rustle up 50m, we all KNOW that.

The problem was he was "offered" 50m and had to agree before seeing a contract or any terms and winkle refused a meeting unless they agreed

that's the issue you stupid idiot
                      You agree to basic things like the money before moving onto the other details. Hearn has made multiple offers to people since then without sending a contract first. Eddie Hearn himself changed up and said that you don't send contracts right away without agreeing to terms in regards to a different fight.

Anybody who bought that excuse is trippin.

Comment

Working...
                      X